PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
For years, I have been thinking about getting one of the Peterson Specialty pipes - the Tankard was the one I most often thought of - although I sometimes thought about a Barrel. I just pulled the trigger on this one.
002-029-70328.3903.jpg

MacMarty89

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2021
Greater Eindhoven Area, Netherlands
This Jess pipe has been my white whale for a long time, probably 5 plus years. When my 4 kids are all set in their careers I would love to buy this pipe.

Right now I would rather own 10 Jack Howells for less than this one pipe. The pipe sold for 4-5 grand and it makes me drool.
I think such prices are absolutely ridiculous for pipes. There is no argument in favour that warrants that at all. It's a nice pipe, but the price / craftmanship here is blow out of proportion. While the grain is probably excellent on this pipe, it's not going to smoke any better than a pipe in the $300 range. I wouldn't buy it, but I do hope you will. Someone is gotta give it some love.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If Savinelli's Bing's Favorite is on anyone's list, they have just put up a raft of fresh examples, with colorful swirl stems, but with enough different ones you can find more subdued or more flamboyant to suit your taste. These are light weight pipes of lithe design and in unusually wide variety available at $98.