PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I've been searching for a blend sense the beginning of the year (first run Stonehenge Flake) finally was able to get it this morning well I got the confirmation so fingers crossed. Buuutttt there was a pound or maybe 5 pound bag of 5100 red cake for $1,200 I went back to home page to try and buy it but the site was down. It's never happened on pipestud sense I've been going there. Was the 5100 the cause who knows but I hope everything is OK.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've been searching for a blend sense the beginning of the year (first run Stonehenge Flake) finally was able to get it this morning well I got the confirmation so fingers crossed. Buuutttt there was a pound or maybe 5 pound bag of 5100 red cake for $1,200 I went back to home page to try and buy it but the site was down. It's never happened on pipestud sense I've been going there. Was the 5100 the cause who knows but I hope everything is OK.
You might have dodged a bullet with that 5lb bag of 5100. 18 years in a clear plastic bag? It’s either mummy dust or been rehydrated. Clear plastic doesn’t keep contents from drying out, generally within a couple of years.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Yup and it sold as fast as it was put up. I'm betting it's for a collection not to smoke, but hey you never know. Somebody might want a $10 bowl someday. Or If your @Chasing Embers maybe a $50 bowl to start the day off right in a $3000 pipe. Man people just have way too much disposable income.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Thats why I guess it sold huh, people have specific tastes and that 5100 surely tickled someone's fancy this morning. I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger but I was gonna give it the Ole finger hover for a good couple heart beats lol it sold before 1 heart beat 😆

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
That works out to $240 a pound which is rather astounding. I can remember buying a 5 pound bag around 2000 for $36 per pound if memory serves me correctly.
[/QUOTE
The tin I purchased was a 2oz tin of the first run of Stonehenge Flake from 2001 which was $85+8 for shipping. For 5 pounds of Stonehenge of this vintage would be about $5,000 So it's not that absurd its just alot of money for something that could have been had at a fraction of the price if I was born 10 years sooner. In 01 I would have been all of 10 years old. I'm just happy I can afford it for 1 and even purchase for that matter.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.