PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoverpipe

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Hi, very new to pipe smoking & the piping world. I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this (also new to online forums), but I am looking for a little help. After purchasing a couple cobs to get started I bought a lot of briars off ebay, someone's old collection. Know nothing about these pipes and trying to catalogue them. Could anyone please tell me what brand/model this pipe is/any info at all? It is stamped "Signature Imported Briar" & there is a clearly stamped signature on the stem, however being unfamiliar with the piping world I am having trouble figuring out what it says & my google searches have been unfruitful. Thank you in advance, & again, my apologies if posting improperly.

Attachments

• IMG_3334.jpg
    IMG_3334.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Capone

Lurker
Oct 21, 2022
North Carolina
Hi, very new to pipe smoking & the piping world. I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this (also new to online forums), but I am looking for a little help. After purchasing a couple cobs to get started I bought a lot of briars off ebay, someone's old collection. Know nothing about these pipes and trying to catalogue them. Could anyone please tell me what brand/model this pipe is/any info at all? It is stamped "Signature Imported Briar" & there is a clearly stamped signature on the stem, however being unfamiliar with the piping world I am having trouble figuring out what it says & my google searches have been unfruitful. Thank you in advance, & again, my apologies if posting improperly.
Here is a link with some information on the brand. Read to the end. Monogramed Signature pipes – rebornpipes - https://rebornpipes.com/tag/monogramed-signature-pipes/

stoverpipe

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Thanks for all the responses (& the welcome)! I had never considered that the name could be a previous owner. That could well be the case. Interesting article, Capone, thank you. I'm not sure if that is the correct manufacturer, though. The font of "Signature" is different and there is no stinger, but who knows. Going to try to clean it up & if I like it, then I guess it doesn't really matter. Thanks again for all the responses...& greetings from Minnesota!

Reactions: AroEnglish

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Who Made That Pipe lists a number of manufacturers who produced pipes stamped "Signature".

Since it's most likely an American made pipe I'll list the American makers:
Artistic Briar
Larus & Brother Co
Mastercraft/Linkman Co

If you want to know the other makers associated with this name, let me know and I'll post them for you.

You can also check out Pipedia.org and pipephil.eu if you haven't done so already.

Welcome to the zoo.

dottlejockey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Interesting conundrum. I've run into this a couple times and came to the same conclusion, even in the event that a positive ID is not procured, if the pipe smokes/looks/feels great just be glad you have it in your hand, preferably smoking. However, you do have some nomenclature to work with, so there is a chance. Good luck!

That being said, from one forum noob to another: welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.