PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite lighters are the IM Corona Pipemasters. I also like the IM Corona Old Boy but since I found out about the Pipemasters, my Old Boys get no use. What I like about the Pipemaster over the Old Boy is that the fuel tank is much bigger than on the Old Boy and the tamper is also longer. I have numerous Pipemasters and so far knock on wood they are all still going.

One trick I learned if your Pipemaster is taking 2-3 clicks to light is to really make sure you purge it really well. Then finding the perfect plastic thing you put on to fill your lighter, gives you a good seal and after 10 seconds the lighter works perfectly.

I only use the Vector 14 times refined fuel. I buy it buy the case on Amazon and it is cheap when you do that.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
For cigars, I mostly use a triple flame Xikar Trezo. I have some Zippos with butane inserts as well (among other lighters accumulated over the years that sometimes get used).

For pipes, an IM Corona Old Boy (useless in the wind outdoors), sometimes a Zippo with a Thunderbird butane insert, but, because you have to hold the button down, it can burn your thumb, so I tend to use it less.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Either a Zippo pipe lighter:
e2eeb362c81117268977197a39ff14eee7a3ff5c_large.jpg

or this Clipper pipe light:
butane-refillable-tobacco-pipe-metal-lighter-45.jpg