PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
What fluid are you using in your Zippos? Is there one that has the least amount of "taste" to it?
I only use the original Zippo fluid. I'm not getting any taste from it, lighting and letting the fumes evaporate a bit.

I'm still using my non pipeinsert Zippo, but the Pipemaster has also drawn my attention, dunno how well it works when smoking outside.

Ora Pro Nobis

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
I only use the original Zippo fluid. I'm not getting any taste from it, lighting and letting the fumes evaporate a bit.

I'm still using my non pipeinsert Zippo, but the Pipemaster has also drawn my attention, dunno how well it works when smoking outside.
I think this is the way to go.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
What fluid are you using in your Zippos? Is there one that has the least amount of "taste" to it?
Some people are more sensitive to lighter fluid smell. But if you are sucking so hard that you can draw the "taste" through the tobacco and pass the stem, you might want to ease up a little. Like mentioned, after Zippo catches, let it burn a second or two before lightening the pipe.

Ora Pro Nobis

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
Some people are more sensitive to lighter fluid smell. But if you are sucking so hard that you can draw the "taste" through the tobacco and pass the stem, you might want to ease up a little. Like mentioned, after Zippo catches, let it burn a second or two before lightening the pipe.
I've never had too much of an issue with fluid taste, but I was curious if someone had found something I haven't. I agree that the best thing to do is to let the Zippo burn a second or two.