PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Oh I didn’t see the lighter at first and thought you lit your pipe with a muzzle flare.
I use a zippo most of the time but if I’m at home and out of the wind I will use wooden matches as I find you can get a better light by moving the match flame around the bowl.
I really use to think people who purposely used matches were just picky but there is definitely something to it.
it is a special ritual lighting a pipe with matches....if I got a fire going on outside my cabin i always use a stick from the fire to light my pipe
Oh I didn’t see the lighter at first and thought you lit your pipe with a muzzle flare.
maybe its time to try it...

• Haha
Reactions: Laurent and Duck

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Either a Zippo pipe lighter:
e2eeb362c81117268977197a39ff14eee7a3ff5c_large.jpg

or this Clipper pipe light:
butane-refillable-tobacco-pipe-metal-lighter-45.jpg
Where did you get that clipper… i can only find them on that famous auction site and they cost more to ship to the US than the actual lighter costs.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
This is so new for me - but, I cannot stand it any longer.

Fear the dragon… it’s the renewed excitement for the discussion and the fact that I can light two pipes at once. ?‍♂️

View attachment 121500
As a follow-up. This lighter is already out of commission. It seems the seals have blown on the internal tank. So, will send off to Colibri. Guess that’s what happens for buying a lighter in a store where it’s likely sat for 5-10 years with no use. And - why I just don’t do that shit anymore - but, maybe it was for old time sake ?‍♂️

Reactions: JOHN72

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I’m not particularly picky. For pipes, I have a Kiribi Mikazuki, a Xikar Resource 2, a Lotus something or other, and use whichever one of them whenever. I also have a pipe Zippo, but haven’t bothered with it yet.

My non-pipe Zippos have butane single jet torch inserts, plus I have one of those weird translucent Xikar single jet torch lighters, and a quad jet Lotus torch lighter that came with a travel humidor. Those get used with cigars or rollies and ain’t going anywhere near my pipes.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr