PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
Tried a bowl of Erinmore this afternoon. Not 100% convinced but its okay. Similar but not as bad as Clan, Condor etc. Think I definately prefer the St Bruno styles and dark cherry stuff.

I also tried my new old Falcon Briar - I'm trying to identify this pipe. Its NOT the Falcon Coolway range, it is stamped with a 1980s onwards Falcon logo, its all briar with a flat bottom 'brandy' bowl shape. If any of you guys know what model this please let me know!
IMG_20240405_151100144_HDR.jpg

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
It's weird. Having smoked this again, completely different flavour. Quite nice. Same has happened with Clan and Condor.

I think when you first open the pouch it's completely different to when you smoke a few bowls / weeks later. It's odd. Even my wife has noticed the pouch smell and the room note are different, especially with Clan - she thought it was cigarettes on first try, no she says it quite pleasant. Erinmore smells wonderful in the pouch now.

Nice to know I haven't wasted my money though. Thought I was going to have to swap a few tobaccos, but having discovered they change a little after opening, I'll stick with them.

Reactions: Coreios

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It's weird. Having smoked this again, completely different flavour. Quite nice. Same has happened with Clan and Condor.

I think when you first open the pouch it's completely different to when you smoke a few bowls / weeks later. It's odd. Even my wife has noticed the pouch smell and the room note are different, especially with Clan - she thought it was cigarettes on first try, no she says it quite pleasant. Erinmore smells wonderful in the pouch now.

Nice to know I haven't wasted my money though. Thought I was going to have to swap a few tobaccos, but having discovered they change a little after opening, I'll stick with them.
@FalconForever If you don't like the Clan I'd be glad to take it off your hands:)
The clay pipe fast smoke-off I'm practicing for use Clan in the clay pipes so I'll need some to practice with:)

Reactions: FalconForever