Reasonable Value for a NOS Kaywoodie Regent.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like current Kaywoodie pipes as smokers, and also for their very moderate prices, even for the higher end pipes. You might get a better response, price-wise, if you offered the pipe on a site specific to Kaywoodie pipes, of which I think there are one or two. In the general float of estate pipes, I think the price would be modest, as cited in this thread.

Komier65

Lurker
Jun 25, 2021
Battle Creek Michigan
Thank You all for the great responses and advice. I am a " Kaywoodie Guy" I suppose because of how well they smoke. The thought that Kaywoodie did the Cumberland stems before Dunhill is what intrigues me about the Regent line.

Reactions: MattRVA

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As a collector of many things, I am very interested original packaging when present. Part of my appreciation may also have to do with my father being a package designer and growing up surrounded by the art for various products over the years.

Below are a couple of my Kaywoodies with original packaging. I especially love the paintings of the guys with pipes.

View attachment 117193

View attachment 117196

View attachment 117195
yeah the box isn't a make it or break it for me but it does add value of being super interesting and unique.

D.T.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2021
Arkansas
Cool i didn't keep the box. It went into file 13. The middle photo looks identical to my pipe
Deety

D.T.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2021
Arkansas
It smokes good. I don't care for the stinger at all. Makes it difficult to clean
Deety

Komier65

Lurker
Jun 25, 2021
Battle Creek Michigan
I dont mind the stingers, a little ever clear on the metal and pipe cleaner to poke through the holes. Super grains are nice albeit in spite of the name it was close to entry level. I have seen some that were quite good looking.

D.T.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2021
Arkansas
This one has some flame on the bowl. And a sort of tiger stripe along the shank. I would have loved to see the grain on yours. But im sure you dont want to open them. Its so cool they are still boxed.
Deety

D.T.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2021
Arkansas
Unfortunately they were from me to me. Because i worked for the government sort of. It made me the black sheep.
Deety