PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
Stumbled across a pipe stand and 2 pipes my grandfather gave me a while ago. I was up for a July 4th project, so I decided to clean them all up and refinish them.
I also decided to try my hand at rustication - my first attempt on anything. I think it turned out alright...I'm pretty satisfied for a first attempt.
IMAG1046.jpg

Here's a shot with a few of my first-attempt tampers, and the pipes he gave me that I'm refinishing. They're pretty small and not too special, but they were his and it'll be neat to have them looking decent again.
IMAG1049.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Aleays nice to have something from your grandfather. I have my grandfathers tobacco cabinet from the late 1920's. Copper lined and a center piece in our living room.

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
I like that pipe stand, its an interesting design, and the fact that it belonged to your grandfather makes it even cooler. Well done.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Very nice stand! I wish I had been able to get my grandfather's old pipes, and stand, but I was only 6 years old when he died, and have no idea what became of them.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a great pipe stand. There were no other pipe smokers in my family that I knew of, but recently my 92 year old Aunt Priscilla gave me an old Yellobole that belonged to my Uncle Blackie, gone 20 years. Nice to have a link to the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.