PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Hello to everyone, I've been lurking for a couple weeks and catching-up on my back reading. I've been smoking for 20+ years now, and alternating between cigars and pipes. For most of that time, the cigar has been my primary focus.

Lately, I've found myself enjoying the pipe a LOT more, and my cigars sit in the humidor. I find that the pipe is a soothing friend in these interesting times, and it's been nice to putter about the yard, porch or on a walk with the dog as I relax.

I'm in the process of (re) building my cellar and restarting from scratch, as I passed all my on-stock tobacco to my dad about 10 years ago. I've now found some old friends (read blends) are no longer available, and I'm in the process of making new ones. I'm still in the 'wide' process of determining what I really want on hand, and look forward to the discovery process. I love English blends and I'm working on Burley and Virginia (sooo hot, must fix cadence). I prefer non-aromatics, but I've certainly had a few aromatics I enjoy.

So that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to talking all things pipe with folks.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reactions: peregrinus

jhe033

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2020
Indiana
Well, some of them can be found via overseas orders, now that this fine site has acquainted me with Estervals.

With that said, I used to readily find blends like Old Ironsides, Frog Mortons and Robert McConnell at the local B&Ms. In my time away, my preferred B&M closed-up, and my backup B&M's pipe tobacco stock is 'ehh', as they focus on cigars.

So, it's more a matter of finding new favorites, which isn't the worst problem to have at the moment. I've got the following incoming in the post:

PS LNF, LBF and LTF, also Cube Cut
Match Presbyterian, B.S.O.M and Elizabethan
MacBaren 7 Seas Royal
Erinmore
Samuel Gawith Hansom Flake
Warhorses (both)
Sutliff Molto Dolce
and pretty much the Daughters & Ryan series (a couple oz each).

While waiting on the above, I had already picked-up some of the SPCs (Potlach, Plum Pudding and Mississippi), RO Firestorm and PS Proper English. So I'm not hurting while awaiting the post.

Happy Piping.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Sorry about your old favorites but heck new opportunities to find all new great blends.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Keep the quantity of each blend small, so you can cover more ground. Your taste in any one genre may not go with the prevailing popularity. Save (jar) what you don't like and try it in a year or so, since your tastes may change. Your long experience will take you far in your quest, I'd say.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I've now found some old friends (read blends) are no longer available, and I'm in the process of making new ones.
The loss of McClelland and the closing of many local BM tobacconists aside, this moment in time is a relative golden age for pipe tobaccos. There is a universe of blends available right now via the internet. Great time to explore. If you haven’t as yet take a look at Tobacco Reviews:
Tobaccoreviews
Hello and welcome from Seattle, Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.