PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Grimlineman

Lurker
Nov 14, 2023
Georgia
For those who have smoked both Which of these two do you prefer?

I smoked a pouch of captain a black awhile back and liked it enough to make it a regular in my rotation but would like to know which one of these two is best to buy in bulk as I have heard they are both better tobacco than the captain.

I tried to google this but didn’t find a post that had someone respond that has smoked all 3.

Thanks!

Reactions: yanoJL and grimpeur

grimpeur

Lurker
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
I'm not a big smoker of aros, but, when that itch needs scratching, it's MB 7 Seas for me.

My reason is that I find that I get a bit more tobacco flavour while I smoke. To be fair, the difference isn't huge, but it is there.

If someone came along and claimed exactly the opposite, I wouldn't argue. The only way to sort this out is buy an ounce or two of each, and see what you think; it's low-cost science!

Grimlineman

Lurker
Nov 14, 2023
Georgia
Just an update I guess I’m an odd ball or got a bad batch but RLP-6 but was more chemical/burning plastic tasing to me than captain black. Was noticeable after the smoke on the beard note as well. I ran down and got a bag of captain black just to double check and the captain smokes better to me even though they are similar besides that strong chemical taste Rlp6 was giving me about 1/2 way through the bowl. I can taste it in captain to but it was in the back ground and didn’t linger.

I’ll try 7 seas once I go through the Captain. I like the chocolate covered raisins taste I get from it but neither have been perfect

Reactions: grimpeur and yanoJL