PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I picked up this Sasieni Moreton recently. This is a Sasieni shape I had never encountered, and it is not in either my 1936 or 1951 catalogs. The stamping is Family era, post 1946, perhaps made late in that era? The blue dots are a lovely shade, you don't always get that with a vintage Sasieni. SmokingPipes apparently sold this shape in the past. They called it a Banker and likened it to the Castello 55. It does have a beautifully shaped chin, with three facets. If anyone has seen this shape in a catalog, please shoot me a scan/copy.

Sasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (1).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (2).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (3).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (4).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (5).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (6).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (7).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (8).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (9).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (10).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (11).jpgSasieni_Four_Dot_Moreton_FIN (12).jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I had that same exact shape in a two dot Sasieni years ago. It had a crack in the shank so I eventually sold it. I thought it was an odd shape for a Sasieni too and could not find anything about it in my searches. Hope you have better luck than me. ;)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Does no one have a later Sasieni catalog scan?

I uploaded a picture of the pipe and nomenclature stamp to the Sasieni page on Pipedia.