PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dstill13

Lurker
Jan 10, 2024
My pipe case fell off the roof of my car. Someone ran it over. The bowl was crushed but the stem saved. Looking for a Savinelli bowl replacement. Any suggestions?

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you're like me, you'll just toss the stem into a drawer and buy a whole new pipe. I can't think of an immediate, practical way to reuse the stem, but they don't take up much space, right?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My pipe case fell off the roof of my car. Someone ran it over. The bowl was crushed but the stem saved. Looking for a Savinelli bowl replacement. Any suggestions?
Hard to say as you do not specify which shape or model but if you go on ebay and search 'Savinelli pipe bowl only' you will find two or three currently for sale as well as some other pipe bowls. Or send it back to Savinelli and ask if they have a warranty program ... I think its 30 days.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Kaywoodie in the glory years offered pipe repairs for half the cost of a new pipe of the same grade, either the stummel or stem. If you needed both buy a new pipe.

There is usually hand fitting involved to join the stem and shank.

Vulcanite sells by the ton, or yard of rod, and briar by the block. There’s more materiel cost to the stummel.

Your stem might, maybe would fit another stummel.

But you need another pipe, if you break the stummel.