PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Just came across this, thought it would be very relevant to the group:

The Seattle Pipe Club, a group of pipe and tobacco lovers who have been gathering together since 2001, is getting into the cigar business, and its debut release brings together tobacco from both the pipe and cigar worlds.

The full-bodied blend features primarily Nicaraguan tobacco, with a habano wrapper, a habano binder from the Jalapa region, and filler tobacco grown in Jalapa as well. But alongside those fillers is a touch of Plum Pudding pipe tobacco, which is manufactured for Seattle Pipe Club by Sutliff Tobacco. According to Seattle Pipe Club’s website, the blend features six ingredients, as Latakia joins with Turkish Orientals, Virginias, Cavendish and Perique.

Sutliff manufactures a total of 13 pipe tobacco blends for the Seattle Pipe Club, all of which were blended by founding member Joe Lankford, who passed away on Sept. 3, 2022.

Plum Pudding Special Reserve is being offered in two sizes, a 5 x 50 robusto priced at $13 and a 6 x 52 toro priced at $14, both of which are regular production sizes that are offered in 20-count boxes. The cigars are made at Tabacalera Nuevo Nica S.A. in Estelí, Nicaragua.

The Plum Pudding Special Reserve is expected to begin shipping in mid-August. The line is being distributed by Sutliff, and Seattle Pipe Club will have the cigars on display in the Sutliff booth at the 2023 PCA Convention & Trade Show, which runs from July 8-11 in Las Vegas.

Sep 18, 2015
I’ve tried quite a few cigars that have had pipe tobacco blended in over the years, I haven’t found one yet that I would buy again. So unless someone sends me one of these I’m gonna pass this time.

Reactions: NomadOrb

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not a fan of their tobacco so the cigars are an easy no. There were those Spectre latakia cigars several years ago that weren't bad but a definite pass this time.