PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Does anyone here use Skype? It is a free voice and video service between Skype users for those with webcams and microphones.

We can put a voice with the face.

For an inexpensive monthly fee, you can call any phone in the USA and Canada or chose all of North America or Europe or the entire world.

If you have it, I am charlescrwright. Location is South Mills, NC
Check it out.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I stick with using msn messenger or any other instant messenger for the same purpose. It is free and as long as you have a web cam and a mic you can do the same thing with out the use of the phone line.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
No phone line required here either. Just your computer hook up.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I just don't understand how they stay in business. Why pay for something that any instant messaging program allows you to do?

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Obviously, you didn't check Skype out as I suggested. Skype to Skype calls and video calls are free to both parties, the same as your IM programs. Where they differ is I can call regular land lines with a subscription. For instance, I have a few friends in England and Ireland who don't have Skype. For the paltry sum of $8.99 a month, I can call their home and yak as long as we like and as many times as we want. Will your IM program allow you to do that? I think not. Can you contact someone who is not on line? I think not.
With that, I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.