For Bob

photo-83-600x307.jpg

For Me

photo-85-600x565.jpg

For another friend

photo-811-448x600.jpg

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
dragon it looks as though your having a lot of fun. I particularly like the 2nd one.

The occasional post of yours showing practice carvings has me wondering something. Did you get a bunch of miscellaneous blocks of briar or...? And also, are you doing the drilling and are those pre-made stems?
I'm itching to start messing around with some carving myself, so all info is welcome.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Those are pretty sexy. I'm lovin the shit out of those stems... damnit I want some!

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Dang i am loving those pipes man, how would one go about obtaining one of those?? love the stems too.

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback brothers, it really does help to keep the efforts going :puffy:
@OTD-I did get in a bunch of different woods to start practicings with, all just blocks, cubes, etc. which I free-hand drill, this was a painful part of my pipe-making quest/experience...went through so many blocks of incorrect drills...now after a few months, I'm happy to say I can do it without even thinking about it, getting perhaps 90% correctly drilled. I do get pre-made stems at this point to focus more on my pipe-making basics of drilling and carving, but also cut tenons by hand, heat and bend (by candle).
I also want to thank all the great pipe making masters out there such as Mark Balkovec, Jake Hackert & Tom Eltang who have helped me on my way and inspired me to "keep at it" :worship:
@Paul & CK~ I would love to make you guys some pipes (shoot me a PM), again I'm just starting out and do everything by hand so it does take me longer to get end product, but those smaller flake-pipes above only took an hour each from block-to-smoker, so I guess I'm making good progress and work fast/but enjoy every second of making/smoke'in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.