Smoking unfinished bowl next day (or two)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Since this post came out I've been trying to do this. I find I like the taste the following day. Its a little muted but no issues.
To take it further. I tried drying tobac for an hour. Loading up my pipe and smoking it 24 hours later. The tobac was dryer, crunchy on top, and the burn was very nice with Minimal relights.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
I don’t do it, I only load a pipe when know I have enough time set aside to finish it off completely. But to each his own.
I'd love to have your schedule Wildlands! I'm overcoming my reluctance to this, although I've dumped a few because they were a bit harsh. There is no way with my schedule and the climate that I can dedicate an hour or more to finishing it outright. I'm finding the Vapers are good, sometimes really good, where Balkans/English have been the ones I've dumped. Another thing that I'm doing when I know my time is tight is using a small cob instead of a large bowled briar. Not as much waste if I decide to trash it.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Since this post came out I've been trying to do this. I find I like the taste the following day. Its a little muted but no issues.
To take it further. I tried drying tobac for an hour. Loading up my pipe and smoking it 24 hours later. The tobac was dryer, crunchy on top, and the burn was very nice with Minimal relights.
What type of blends do you smoke? I find they are different.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
I do this quite often. As others have mentioned, schedules vary and life happens. I have noticed that for me the fuller the bowl is the next day the better it tastes and sometimes it isn’t worth it.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Honestly I'm over this one. Along with the comments from Y'all, I've determined that it's something I'm going to continue doing. As long as I'm enjoying it the next day, I'm not going to dump and re-load. Fluffing it up and blowing out the ash also seems to help rid the potential for nastiness. Also, by using small cobs and half bowls on larger pipes when I know I don't have the time to enjoy a full pipe, even if I do dump, I'm just not going to worry about it. Thanks for your thoughts.