Some of the Pipe Furniture that I've made!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Tsuge Ikebana Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
18 Fresh GH.ZHANG Pipes
24 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
12 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
When I first started smoking a pipe, I dabbled in all things pipes. Being from a crafty family that is used to making things, I started out making tampers. Then I started making a few pipe racks. The usual type first, then some cabinets and finally a pipe rack of my own design.
As you all look it over, I know what many of you may think, "I'm not hanging my pipes by the stem!" It will surely ruin the stems!" Let me assure you, I did my own experiment with the rack design myself before I ever made one for anyone else. I put one of my own pipes in the rack and then hung a hat on it. I kept hanging the hat on the pipe between smokes for about 6 months and it not only didn't harm the pipe, it didn't even leave a mark in the stem.
I've reworked the design a bit since this one was made. I made it a bit longer, spread out the openings for the stems so I could add and remove pipes more easily and made the shelf a bit wider to store accessories better. I also added keyholes in the back to make hanging easier, without having to screw thru the rack.
This pipe rack will hold just about any pipe and works well with even the large freehand style pipes. The pipes are easy to add and remove also. The new design will hold 15-20 pipes, depending on size.
I thought I'd post it up here and see what you all think.
I'll also include pictures of some of the others I've made.
This is what I call my "Johnny Rack" (Named so after the person gave me some ideas for a new design that led to this rack.)

DSC07644.jpg

Here is a cabinet I made for a pipe smoker in Canada.

DSC07537.jpg

DSC07538.jpg

Here is another take on a small cabinet with a glass front.

DSC07102.jpg

Here is a cabinet I made for myself and is the first one that I made.

PIC_0510.jpg

Here is a profile rack I made...... Just a bit more difficult to make than a regular one.

DSC06370.jpg

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I really like the profile rack. It would be really sweet if it was put into a cabinet. Once I get my own place, I'm planning on getting a pipe cabinet, and making it the centerpiece of the room.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Very nice work. I like the one with the glass front. Very different from anything I've seen.
And maybe you should stop making awesome cabinets and start cleaning up your pipes!
Oxidized stems!
The horror! :nana:

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
uberam3rica, Actually retired that one and made one about twice as big and at one point I had it almost full. I've cut back a bit and since moving haven't used the cabinet. But I have my office/man cave about finished and will be putting one of the cabinets in there, most likely the one I posted.
Thanks for the positive comments my friends.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Hi Steve,

Great work with the your cabinet, that makes me want to go buy more pipes and tobacco just to fill it up right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.