PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
Can someone recommend a Brick & Mortar shop in or near St. Simon’s Island, GA that carries pipe tobacco and related items?

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
Google says you're SOL, looks like the only place even close (actually on the island) has closed down.
Yea, that’s what I found. Hoping I was wrong. Going there for a week in June. Wanted to find a place to check out and enjoy my pipe. Can’t smoke inside where we’re staying. Too hot outside at the beach in June for my tastes.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Too hot outside at the beach in June for my tastes.
The Georgia coast can cool off very quickly in the evenings, what with the sea breeze. June is not particularly hot, either. July and August can be hot n' sticky but you'd be surprised how many evenings you can enjoy a good smoke outside. Pro Tip: try to find a place on the inland river marsh. There's nothing like sitting on the dock with a nice cocktail, a good smoke and some good conversation.

Also: Southern Soul BBQ is the freaking bomb. The burnt ends are divine. I ran into Davis Love III there one time, too!

Reactions: Douglas

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
The Georgia coast can cool off very quickly in the evenings, what with the sea breeze. June is not particularly hot, either. July and August can be hot n' sticky but you'd be surprised how many evenings you can enjoy a good smoke outside. Pro Tip: try to find a place on the inland river marsh. There's nothing like sitting on the dock with a nice cocktail, a good smoke and some good conversation.

Also: Southern Soul BBQ is the freaking bomb. The burnt ends are divine. I ran into Davis Love III there one time, too!
Good advice. This will be our first vacation this early in the summer. We have always gone July/August. Maybe it won’t be so bad. Thanks.

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
Savannah has a neat little shop, Ye Ol' Tobacco Store, or something like that. It is very small with a limited selection, but I like to drop in and give them a little business, when I am in town there.
Thanks. If we go to Savannah while we’re down that way I’ll check it out.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Savannah has a neat little shop, Ye Ol' Tobacco Store, or something like that. It is very small with a limited selection, but I like to drop in and give them a little business, when I am in town there.
Yes, Ye Olde Tobacco Shoppe, right on Bay Street at Factors Walk, just above River Street. They have another shop off Eisenhower closer to Oglethorpe Mall. I heard they closed out all their pipes and tobaccos but the website still shows house blends.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I lived in SSI for some time. To my knowledge there isn't one. Your best bet is probably to take the causeway back to Brunswick. All I can think of is a cigar shop on the island, I don't recall pipes anywhere. Though I've found a pipe at the antique show they do every Saturday in the village.
Let me know if you find anything. I'll be there for a week in July

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
I lived in SSI for some time. To my knowledge there isn't one. Your best bet is probably to take the causeway back to Brunswick. All I can think of is a cigar shop on the island, I don't recall pipes anywhere. Though I've found a pipe at the antique show they do every Saturday in the village.
Let me know if you find anything. I'll be there for a week in July
Will do.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92