PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Is anyone out there brave enough to message me and share contact information to explain the QBI to me and how it works and discuss?

Located in California.

As always I appreciate any knowledge and experience anyone has to share.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Tax advice, medical advice, legal advice, construction advice - I've been on a dozen tobacco forums over the years, but this one takes the cake for people asking critical questions about serious issues to internet strangers. Do people not hire professionals anymore? How do you know you're getting good advice? Sure, we're all surgeons and solicitors with General Contractor licenses, but, c'mon - which one of us are you going to listen to?

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Not I. Were you I, and you aren't, I'd be seeking such info from someone I pay and can sue if necessary.

Everyone uses software packages to do your taxes these days, and in any case it’s always your name on the return. Absent fraud or gross negligence (which are fantastically unlikely if you make even a modest effort to retain a reputable firm) landing in a situation where litigation with your advisor is the answer just isn’t going to happen.

It’s less about having someone you can sue and more about having someone who will address routine inquiries about your return from tax authorities on your behalf. For getting it right, and even more for offloading the stress onto someone else’s shoulders, get a pro.

Spoiler alert: it’s not going to be the guy behind some quirky avatar on an internet forum.

Reactions: bayareabriar

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Im looking for some conceptual understanding, not anything that is life altering or critical. There are some very bright folks here and the community has some excellent characters about.