PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Big_Daddy

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
St Lawrence valley, NY
Hello, New member from far upstate NY. I have kicked around pipe smoking for the past twen

sty years but generally ended up discouraged by tounge bite. It's seems I was making more than a few mistakes. Following advice from the fourm and ditching the cherry aromatics as a starter helped immensely. Thanks to this forum I am now enjoying my corn cob pipe with some Captain Black original. Looking forward to learning more on my pipe smoking journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Welcome from Pennsylvania and New York.

Drying longer than you think you should and lightly tamping more frequently than you think you should might allow you to enjoy those goopy cherry aromatics (if you miss them).

Reactions: Big_Daddy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I had a neighbor at my first house in N.C., an older guy and retired orchard man from Syracuse, a graduate in forestry. He kept working painting houses, cleaning off his roof, at his home, and sometimes mine. He'd dug out a basement by hand under his house. He'd seen Theodore Roosevelt when he (my neighbor) was a child, and been in the Army during WWI. Fascinating guy, died in his 90's still sharp as a college kid. We'd invite him for supper around the holidays, and he'd show up in a jacket and tie and snappy fedora.