PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Smoking weed isn't about flavor.. Tobacco is.

Those flavored papers and wraps are designed to mask the dank monotonous flavor of cannabis.
To be honest I don't know if tobacco tasted that great a couple of hundred years ago either, then it was probably not about the flavor but the nicotine. Maybe in a few years cannabis tastes good.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Mr Briar Lee, as someone from a country with legalized cannabis, your predictions are way off base. I could go into detail about how and why, but that is against the forum rules.

Reactions: kg.legat0

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
cigars have been rolled in Cuba for 5000 years (internet FACT) I think flavour has played a big part for quite some time...
Still, you could say the same thing about cannabis. The flavor of tobacco has probably gotten a lot better since 5000 years ago? And I think that cannabis will go the same route.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Mr Briar Lee, as someone from a country with legalized cannabis, your predictions are way off base. I could go into detail about how and why, but that is against the forum rules.
I don’t wish to break any rules to promote weed to some young person, who might become addicted to it.

However I’m certain that the repeal of Prohibition in the United States ended the practice of making gin in a bathtub quickly.

Legalizing a vice, makes that vice available to a mass market.

I own so many tobacco pipes it would be hard to count them all, and five meerschaums, a few cobs, one of pear, and the rest made of briar.

Briar is by far the tastiest material to smoke anything in.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
It's actually 5001 years, because I came across that (internet) fact a year ago.
An old friend of mine named Jack, who loved the philosophical study of humans, pointed out to me years ago that the native Americans not only learned to cultivate tobacco so thy could trade it, they must have experimented with lots of vessels to smoke it until they discovered pipe stone

The Europeans quickly learned to bake a certain clay to make smoking pipes.

Meerschaum from Turkey became the ultimate clay pipe.

Then along came briar.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Smoking weed isn't about flavor.. Tobacco is.

Those flavored papers and wraps are designed to mask the dank monotonous flavor of cannabis.
I ask a lot of questions about everything, and always have.

My clients that like weed never mention flavor. They smoke it to get intoxicated.

Christopher Columbus observed the natives getting high on tobacco.

Three and a half centuries later briar was discovered and only after briar, came Bull Durham, then Prince Albert, and every other delicious, cheap, aromatic pipe tobacco.

In time a pound of weed might cost even less than a pound of tobacco to produce.

The makers are already improving the strains of it.

The nastiest tasting weed is being smoked today. Tomorrow’s will taste better, and eventually they’ll smoke it in briar.

Because briar is best.

Reactions: TheWhale13

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
And I assume you say this because you have first hand experience?
So long ago I can barely remember, when my hair was brown and curly, a girl named Barbie would come downstairs and visit with me for hours on intellectual subjects while I was night attendant at the dorm.

Barbie could not sing. She was short. She was the sexiest woman I’ve ever encountered in my entire life, although not the most beautiful.

Barbie loved weed, and since her parents were rich Barbie bought the best.

It smells like newly mown alfalfa hay.

Barbie wanted to come home with me to Humansville and get to know my mother better.

Since I wanted to live to comb gray hair and not have my mother bash my head in for bringing home a Barbie, I declined.

Reactions: TheWhale13
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I ask a lot of questions about everything, and always have.

My clients that like weed never mention flavor. They smoke it to get intoxicated.

Christopher Columbus observed the natives getting high on tobacco.

Three and a half centuries later briar was discovered and only after briar, came Bull Durham, then Prince Albert, and every other delicious, cheap, aromatic pipe tobacco.

In time a pound of weed might cost even less than a pound of tobacco to produce.

The makers are already improving the strains of it.

The nastiest tasting weed is being smoked today. Tomorrow’s will taste better, and eventually they’ll smoke it in briar.

Because briar is best.

It's just not a tasty thing.. We'll see what happens. I damn sure don't think that in 50 years there will be a weed version of Jim out reviewing weed blends.

"This bud has no chance of bite.. a quarter way through the bowl you'll get notes of skunks ass and alfalfa hay with little hints of dirty diaper.. the sour diesel doesn't sublimate the afghan kush and works well with the granddaddy perp. Muchies, level just past medium.. Room note, reminiscent of county jail.."

Something like that. Haha

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My other passionate hobby is shotguns.

For just about as long as men have been smoking briar pipes, an English gunsmith named Joe Manton experimented with joining two shotgun barrels together to make a double gun.

I own a cheap Italian reproduction of a muzzle loader like Manton made.

Both the originals and replicas are stocked with European walnut and always will be.

If you can afford walnut that’s what your shotgun is stocked with.

If Joe Manton smoked a clay pipe, he put that clay pipe down the first briar he smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.