Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstwordisee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2012
For those that decide to take on the challange of carving a pipe. I thought I would use this forum to prop up one of the best people/suppliers in this small community. Mark Tinsky went way beyond expectation in providing me a plateau kit that is sure to provide a fine finished pipe (as long as I dont screw it up). I wont get into details, I will only say that customer service like this is extremely rare these days, even the shipping was lighting fast. This company is top notch! So if you need a supplier look him up!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Mark Tinskey is one of our best American artisans. (or one of my personal favorites)

I have owned one for many years and was pleased that he revisited the shape for last year's carving competition.

North American Pipe Carvers Competition

Here is his entry:

mark-tinsky-pipe-240.jpg

Here is mine:

AmericanStraightGrainbk.jpg

AmericanStraightGrainfrnt.jpg

AmericanStraightGrainlft.jpg

AmericanStraightGrainrt.jpg

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Mark is amazing, I get a lot of my briar from him and he always goes above and beyond. Oh yeah, he also makes some of the finest pipes as well!

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I had a Tinsky bulldog.
It is currently at the bottom of a lake (presumably).
Unless it is being enjoyed by some whitefish or lake trout.
Dammit.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm attending the pipe making seminar in Chicago and I already bought two blocks from Mark (fully anticipating that I screw up one, I'll have a spare).

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Never used the pre drilled blocks but I order plateau from him and the grain is usually amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.