PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
it's great with nasal snuff although the lingering smell is odd. It smells precisely like lady parts but after the scent has been on something and then gone flat. Which the initial scent is kind of barnyard tobacco with a slight spicy hint spice as in heat. In a smoke it's a bit rougher but really good. Kind of reminds me of homemade booze. In that it's not super smooth but good yet unrefined.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I have a 1/4 pound of some at the moment. Its Earthy , sweet and a bit floral. But like many uncased tobaccos it smokes a bit rough after about a half a bowl. I actually used a leaf to bind a homemade cigar but with poor results, Very odd and floral. I did not find the nicotine to be that bad but it also depends on the strain of the leaf.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
This... is the finest sentence I've ever read in a tobacco review!
I got some rustica snuff and enjoyed it normally. After you go a snuff especially all day, you get random (or I do) reawakening of the initial scent. Well with the rustica I kept thinking "really in here this seems like the wrong place to do that kind of thing" I apologize for not being able to spell it out forum rules. Though that's become my surest does it have rustica test.
One thing to think of with it as well. Is it's not been grown commercially for it's flavor profile. Which doesn't make it bad but it's not been coaxed into being more pleasing to more palates.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I have a tin of the HH Flake but feel out of my depth are y’all talking about something else entire , is the HH not the real deal?

Reactions: weezell

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
To
HH Flake is Latakia, Tobacco Rustica is wild tobacco from the Americas. It's the most nicotine Rick tobacco.
To be clear it’s the 2022 HH Rustica Flake a lil over 5000 numbered tins were made. But I have heard it ( Rustica) can be got in whole leaf form under the disguise as incense , don’t know of any other Rustica available but would be stoked to know where , my local B&M has 1 more tin if it’s still there I plan on snagging it

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
To

To be clear it’s the 2022 HH Rustica Flake a lil over 5000 numbered tins were made. But I have heard it ( Rustica) can be got in whole leaf form under the disguise as incense , don’t know of any other Rustica available but would be stoked to know where , my local B&M has 1 more tin if it’s still there I plan on snagging it
There are great websites to buy it at. Not illegal here in the US.

I have had the HH Rustica blend as shown above. It’s pretty potent but certainly not pure Rustica. I have also tried Coyote Tobacco (Nicotiana attenuata) which grows wild in most parts of the Western U.S. Straight, that stuff packs a punch and is very strong. I would imagine one could say that about most tobaccos though. It is said that N. Attenuata has 3 times more N. That cultivated tobacco so consider yourself warned…

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
HH Flake is Latakia, Tobacco Rustica is wild tobacco from the Americas. It's the most nicotine Rick tobacco.
actually rustica is grown commercially for two things. To make a natural insecticide and also as a decorative plant for peoples gardens. Some places also grow it commercial for tobacco products. Russia for instance uses it in cigs and some pipe tobaccos (or at least did in the soviet days), India uses it in their white snuffs. Which are one of the most unique tobacco products available. You think toasts are fine, nope white snuff is fine like literal dust.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I have had the HH Rustica blend as shown above. It’s pretty potent but certainly not pure Rustica. I have also tried Coyote Tobacco (Nicotiana attenuata) which grows wild in most parts of the Western U.S. Straight, that stuff packs a punch and is very strong. I would imagine one could say that about most tobaccos though. It is said that N. Attenuata has 3 times more N. That cultivated tobacco so consider yourself warned…
it's also a very small plant compared to the tobacco we smoke. With little leafs. Part of the not being a commercial plant isn't just peoples preference but that it has a very small yield per man hours and acres (or space).