PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This popped up in my recommended list. It's likely posted somewhere already but I was too lazy to search.

A nice "state of the industry" clip from the year I was born. There are 3 "white-out' segments on the video that last only a few seconds each. The audio is gone for the last minute, but is probably only some wrap-up statements.

1607808113673.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Basildon in Essex was what was described as a 'New Town' that housed all the East Enders of London that were bombed out by the Germans. Being an Essex man myself I was delighted to see that film. There is also one about the Tilthy Tobacco Cooperative in Essex on Youtube probably filmed in the early 1950s that is well worth a look..

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I love “How It’s Made”. As a fire investigator I’m always “Looking for Waldo” and by watching that show you see how sub components look without the plastic or whatever shell that could burn away.

Ahh, hence your moniker. Wondered how you arrived at ashdigger. :col:

Reactions: anotherbob

SaxonX

Might Stick Around
Sep 20, 2021
Staffordshire Moorlands GB
I love “How It’s Made”. As a fire investigator I’m always “Looking for Waldo” and by watching that show you see how sub components look without the plastic or whatever shell that could burn away.

I am a retired UK fire officer/ fire investigator myself and I know just what you mean! I have searched for days trying to find bef the fire photos of sites and machines just to try and understand what the hec it is I am now looking at ? on another note....one of our long retired officers set fire to his office twice and once his home (probably more times but we know once for certain as he had to call us out ?) each time was caused by careless disposal of ash from his pipe ?

Reactions: marconi

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I enjoyed the video, but man, all the crap they got to go through to cram some tobacco in a roll of paper and slap a filter on the end of it. Makes you appreciate the pipe and pipe tobacco so much more!