Today My Pipe Was Personal Protective Equipment!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Pete Prevost Pipes
New Accessories
36 Fresh Chacom Pipes
96 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
You must have some sort of death grip with your jaw holding that pipe. With as loosely as I clench, they would have to surgically remove the pipe from my esophagus. Ha ha.
Actually, it was fairly loose as usual but the saving grace was that it’s a stubby little bugger. The bowl actually gave me a bit of a fat lip, but that’s what moustaches are for!
If it were a Bing I’d be able to put my next pipe in the cheek-otomy hole on the far corner of my mouth😆

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I posted my Missouri Meerschaum Morgan filled with Irish Flake in the WAYS thread this morning.
I was smoking it while changing the hydraulic fluid and filters in my tractor.
What I didn’t post about in that thread was how that little pipe saved me from a trip to the ER for some stitches and/or dental work and a hockey goaltender smile.
I was under the tractor trying to take a drain plug out of the rear axle housing. The little bugger was exceptionally tight, so I was lying on my side, and had a rather large 15/16” wrench on the plug, with another large wrench hooked with its box end over the open end of the 15/16” wrench creating a breaker bar.
I was pulling really hard, and when the plug broke free the wrench used as an extension flew back full force into my face.
It hit square on the front of the Morgan’s little round bowl.
Thankfully it’s only a nosewarmer, as the bowl went straight back, hitting my lip at my incisor, and the stem and shank went diagonally across my mouth to behind the opposite molars.
Had I not been clenching that little pipe at the time, the wrench probably would have done a fair bit of damage to my lip and teeth!
All’s well that ends well, the pipe is fine and I’m fine.

View attachment 289901
Roger that!