PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
I have wondered for some time what other pipe smokers typically wear when they smoke. Due to the climate in my area being on the colder side, and downright freezing during the winter, I usually have to dress for warmth. When I want to smoke outside during the winter I will usually wear one of two outfits. The first of these is when I am doing work outside while I smoke or when I do not want to get very dressed up. I'll typically wear flannel lined jeans, insulated Carhartt bibs, an Irish wool sweater, and then a thick jacket over that. For when I actually want to dress up, which mostly occurs when I'm smoking in the company of others, I'll wear a traditional wool suit with a long coat or a trench coat. It feels like -15 in my area today, so I'll be wearing the first option when I smoke and shovel snow. Let me know what you all are wearing when you smoke.
My smoking attire is similar ?

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like the smoking jacket and picked up one for myself (at a great price since I am a large American). Mine is black and purple.

Haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, but will break it out next time we have a cigar night.

I respect those that can pull off a fez. Me, not so much. A baseball hat or scully cap is more my style, although I intend on picking up a fedora soon.

At times, I had to wear something similar to a fez in the kitchens I cooked in. Thankfully, I was still able to get laid. Being a legit and creative cook helped make the panties drop (especially given my personality).

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I like the smoking jacket and picked up one for myself (at a great price since I am a large American). Mine is black and purple.

Haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, but will break it out next time we have a cigar night.

I respect those that can pull off a fez. Me, not so much. A baseball hat or scully cap is more my style, although I intend on picking up a fedora soon.

At times, I had to wear something similar to a fez in the kitchens I cooked in. Thankfully, I was still able to get laid. Being a legit and creative cook helped make the panties drop (especially given my personality).
I have to give props to @LotusEater for the Fez. Oddly, I will be in Fez, Moracco next month.