PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
Anyone a fan of combat sports?
I'm looking exceptionally forward to Francis vs Cyril!

Smoke a pipe and put my feet up to watch two people beat the stuffing out of each other.

Wonder if any ufc fighters smoke a pipe?

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Anyone a fan of combat sports?
I'm looking exceptionally forward to Francis vs Cyril!

Smoke a pipe and put my feet up to watch two people beat the stuffing out of each other.

Wonder if any ufc fighters smoke a pipe?
there are a few. Personally I can't enjoy watching people give each other brain damage. Kind takes the fun out of it if I am totally honest.
Not against it. I am pretty sure they're not surprised to find out they might get hurt even seriously. Just kind kills what I used to be able to enjoy about it.

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
I'm bummed we lost two fights on the card. I'd almost like to see weight cuts eliminated. I wonder if fighters could get weighed (randomly) several times a year and their walking weight would determine their weight class.
Absolutely, its part of the reason Khabib left, its almost harder on the body than the fight for some people I reckon!!

You see some of the smaller ladies falling over at the weigh ins, bloody ridiculous.

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
If Ciryl takes Francis down, it could be a problem. But, I sometimes think about the short shot that dropped Cain; it didn't look like much more than a tap. Frightening power.
Good point, and even when you're that big, it doesn't matter what your chin is made of, you'll get ko'd
It looks like it’s gonna be a good one . Cyril is a skilled kick boxer I believe & Francis hits harder than anyone in UFC history. I likely catch the replay as I don’t buy PPV. Enjoy it! ?☕
It's gonna be a awesome match!

I'm loving the lack of trash talk between the two, very professional (as much as ufc can be haha)

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Overall, a fun card tonight. I thought Vanessa Demopoulos was done. What a crazy turnaround. I was most impressed by Victor Henry's movement and precision. Said Nurmagomedov's choke submission of Cody Stamann was amazing. The Pereira fight was a lot of fun. I thought Moreno might've won, but it was close enough I don't feel too bad about it. The Ngannou/Gane fight was kind of boring. The mystery of the knee pads getting revealed was interesting. I'm impressed Ngannou fought with a torn MCL, so I should cut him some slack.

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
Was a bit on the boring side for the main main fight, but yes I wondered that too!

Gane still has a heap of fight left in him.

We need a pipe smoking ufc fighter.

I think Sambo is probably just better than Jiujutsu based on anyone with a russian name tending to chew people up on the ground.