PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Pipes perhaps but not tobacco. It’s illegal under UK laws I believe. I’ve ordered pipes from GQ Tobacconist in England but they have very clearly stated they won’t even discuss tobacco shipping to the US.

Reactions: anotherbob

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
You can’t legally purchase (from the US) tobacco from UK retailers.
Zip zilch zero nada.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Northern Ireland is a different critter, but then you need to figure out how much you want to pay per ounce, cause it’s damned dear.

Reactions: petes03

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
They don't now but other UK B&M's still do.
I sent a couple of pipes on from the Black Swan because they wouldn't ship to Canada. I think they got sick of being messed about with returns by customs & knocked international shipping on the head!

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Their website says:
"PLEASE NOTE DUE TO RECENT CREDIT CARD RULINGS, UK RETAILERS CAN NO LONGER PROCESS CARD PAYMENTS FOR OVERSEAS ORDERS! We are still more than happy to accept overseas orders but payment must be made via BACS (bank transfer)"

Odd because I recently ordered from GQ Tobaccos in Britain with a credit card.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I tried ordering a Peterson Pipe of the Year from Black Swan in 2021 and they wouldn't ship to the US—the workaround would be to ship to someone in the UK, then have that person send it to you.
Same. Wanted few pipes from them, Peterson. They won't send to US. I'm sure oversea business isn't big revenue, but now days, it seems odd they won't do it.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I tried ordering a Peterson Pipe of the Year from Black Swan in 2021 and they wouldn't ship to the US—the workaround would be to ship to someone in the UK, then have that person send it to you.
If they ship directly to you in the US then you don't have to pay their VAT tax, about 17%.

Black Swan must have had a problem or a warning, as I recently ordered from GQ Tobacco with a credit card with no problems, and am working on an order now with Mysmokingshop which looks like no problems with a US address.

I think the credit card thing only applies to tobacco, so Black Swan may not know this. Check with other retailers if it's a pipe you're seeking.