PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipersfriend

Lurker
Nov 5, 2023
Hello all, my stepfather entered a nursing home when my mom passed, and I am tasked with selling his pipe collection, as he cannot smoke them anymore. He has some Ascorti, Estrella, at least one Savinelli, etc. I'd like to post a few and get some thoughts on what they're worth?

A few attached. Thanks all!

Attachments

• ascorti-1a.jpg
    ascorti-1a.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ascorti-1.jpg
    ascorti-1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Estrella-1.jpg
    Estrella-1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Estrella-1a.jpg
    Estrella-1a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 20
  • savinelli_1.jpg
    savinelli_1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • savinelli-1a.jpg
    savinelli-1a.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Without more information on the pipes, it's hard to say what their value is. I will say the Ascorti looks like a great pipe, and Ascorti and Savinelli are popular pipes, so they should sell at a good price. Good luck with the sale of the pipes.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your mom, and all the best to your stepdad.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
If you get closer shots of the stamps we might be able to say more about the pipes. Assuming that these go on eBay, you’ll definitely want to give as much information as you can in order to get more looks and bids. Things you can do are grt the measurements listed on any pipe at smokingpipes.com (length, weight, chamber diameter, etc.). Plus clean, well lit photos will help the sale.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
$80-135 for the ascorti
And 55-80 for the other 2 each.
eBay prices for auction with a start price at .99 on a weekend and opened to international sales. Good luck! Tell him there are still folks that will enjoy them! If he has any sealed tobacco, that may be more valuable than the pipes.

Reactions: Zeno Marx