PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
We Own This City 5/5

What a disturbing show knowing it's based on real events.

I wasn't feeling so swift this afternoon so I watched the finale of Obi Wan. That show blew Boba Fett and the Mandalorian out of the water. I'm assuming it's sadly a one season mini series type thing.

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
Recently finished The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s based on the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. Easily a 5/5 for me.

I just started Breaking Bad for the first time. I’m only a couple of episodes in but it’s holding my interest. Had to see what all the hype was about, lol.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Recently finished The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s based on the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. Easily a 5/5 for me.

I just started Breaking Bad for the first time. I’m only a couple of episodes in but it’s holding my interest. Had to see what all the hype was about, lol.
The first couple of episodes of Breaking Bad were odd when I first watched them during their first airing. I actually stopped watching after maybe the first 3 episodes and didn't get back into it until probably the time Season 3 was running. It was a lot better as they got into it. I just rewatched the entire series a few weeks ago and had the same opinion.

Breaking Bad 4/5

Better Call Saul 5/5. Can't wait for the last 6 episodes!

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
ELVIS. I was looking forward to this film, but was disappointed. The movie explores the life of Elvis, who is played by Austin Butler. It focuses on his rise to success as seen through the eyes of his manager, Colonel Parker, played by Tom Hanks. I felt that the storyline dove deeper into the dichotomy of their relationship than about the life of Elvis. Acting was great, but the story… meh! Also, loooooong- 2hr39min. 3/5

19AD55A0-E187-46C2-A0AF-DC7A262CC809.jpeg

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
The first couple of episodes of Breaking Bad were odd when I first watched them during their first airing. I actually stopped watching after maybe the first 3 episodes and didn't get back into it until probably the time Season 3 was running. It was a lot better as they got into it. I just rewatched the entire series a few weeks ago and had the same opinion.

Breaking Bad 4/5

Better Call Saul 5/5. Can't wait for the last 6 episodes!

Funny, I felt the same about Better Call Saul. I thought it started off slow, but picked up thru the following seasons. I loved Breaking Bad from the start. I’d give them both 5/5?

Jan 27, 2020
ELVIS. I was looking forward to this film, but was disappointed. The movie explores the life of Elvis, who is played by Austin Butler. It focuses on his rise to success as seen through the eyes of his manager, Colonel Parker, played by Tom Hanks. I felt that the storyline dove deeper into the dichotomy of their relationship than about the life of Elvis. Acting was great, but the story… meh! Also, loooooong- 2hr39min. 3/5

View attachment 153121

I dunno the trailer looked like such trash to me that I am not surprised. Baz Luhrmann seems adept at only hype and flashiness.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Starting up with South Park, Season 5. This is the earliest season I have, and I'm going to go through what I have in sequence. Like the Simpsons, I find the cream of the crop to be through Season 13 or so. And also like the Simpsons, wore out their welcome long ago. 3.5/5

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Rewatching Reach on Amazon Prime 5/5

Casting align with Child's vision (unlike Tiny Tom Cruise). Production excellent and even the city build of Margate amazed Lee Child.

Also watched an interview with major characters as well as Lee Child that was only a few minutes but 5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just finished watching season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.
This season is one hell of a roller coaster ride, with plenty of twists and turns. Fans of the show will not be disappointed.

5/5
A family of former child heroes, now grown apart, must reunite to continue to protect the world.

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY - WATCH ONLINE: STREAMING, BUY OR RENT​

Currently you are able to watch "The Umbrella Academy" streaming on Netflix.

Reactions: OldVark
Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Here are some brief reviews of shows that I watched recently .

1. The Strain - It's an older series about vampires and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. - 4 /5.
2. Outer Range on Amazon Prime (1st season) - About time travel, it's a little weird and hard to follow, so you have to pay close attention, but it's not bad. The ending to the 1st season is intriguing and probably pulled me in for the 2nd season. - 3.5/5.
3. Grant on The History Channel - Absolutely fantastic! very well done and researched, lot's of depth, very entertaining and informative. I'm a bit of a Civil War fanatic and this was fantastic, to get into the mind of the General. Lot's of great research material, including the letters he had written, speeches he made, risks and gambles that he took, breakdowns of the various battles and his decisions about how to fight them, and a very interesting look at his life before the war. - 5/5.
4. Theodore Roosevelt on The History Channel - Also very good, almost as good as Grant although more politically inclined, but still very well done and informative. - 4.5/5.
5. American Ripper on The History Channel - About the evil, eccentric and insane serial killer H. H. Holmes and the possibility that he and Jack the Ripper could have been the same man. Very well researched and informative with lot's of grisly details about the killings and the murder house that he built. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 5/5.
I agree. American Ripper was fantastic!

Reactions: markus

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
If you ever want to know what the poor people are doing just watch My Name is Earl.

I was watching Acorn the other day and stumbled on the The Madame Blanc Mysteries. It is only six episodes and fairly easy to watch. The heroine of the show is a typical middle aged British woman, aged 50-55, who has to go to France to sort out the estate of her deceased husband. It turns out the is sort of an expert on the value of items while her husband was a typical scrounger who didn't know the value of anything. Decent series with little violence though the villain of the piece finally enters the scene in the sixth episode. You will not be surprised by who it is.

4/5

Sailingtiger

Lurker
May 30, 2022
5's
Breaking Bad (my son swichted his major after watching it, he now has a PHD in Chemistry, oh boy)
Ozark
Blacklist
Longmire
Justified
Peaky Blinders
Reruns of Seinfeld

3's
Bob Ross reruns :) I paint, dont judge me
Cheers
Frazier
Sex and the City

Jun 9, 2018
England
Recently I have watching an English series Pie in the Sky starring Richard Griffiths. Story line involves a police detective who is also a chef in a restaurant. It is a little jarring to see a guy who is north of 400 pounds be the star of a show but he is quite good. There are 39 episodes of this series. The show ended after the fifth season when the star died on the operating table. There is only one murder in the entire series so if you looking for blood and gore you won't find it here.

4/5
Richard Griffiths was great as uncle monty in Withnail and I. If you've never seen that then I definitely recommend giving it a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.