PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
I'm subscribing to Disney+ at the moment and they've got the entire 12 seasons of NYPD Blue on there. I watched it back in the day (the first episode is nearly 30 years old ?) and really enjoyed it.

I'm about 100 episodes in and it still holds up very well today. It's got a great cast and there are a lot of guest actors in it who later went on to become famous. My favourite is Dennis Franz's character Andy Sipowicz. Great show.

4.5/5

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the awesome first fight between Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe from 1992 for free on YouTube. Pretty much all the great fights from the 70's, 80's & 90's are on there somewhere so it's a good place to check out if you watched them back in the day.

An amazing fight and that 10th round is remembered for good reason. Brilliant.
I really would've loved to have seen Tyson fight Bowe when they were both in their prime?.

5/5

Link:

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Add me to the list for The Terminal List. Just finished it a few minutes ago after binging it today, while ignoring my family and all of you. 5/5

• Haha
Reactions: Tar Wheel

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
1. Stranger Things (Season #4) - (On Netflix) The same kids (albeit a little older now) are back fighting a new evil adversary (Vecna), that is killing kids in the small town of Hawkins, IN. Eleven is in training training to get her powers back, so she can fight Vecna. and we learn some of the background about Vecna and how he came to be. I may have enjoyed the first 3 seasons just a hair more, but it was still pretty good. Fast paced, great story line, likeable characters, great special effects (CGA) and well done overall. I enjoyed it 4.5/5.

2. The Old man - (On FX) About a retired CIA spy, Dan Chase (Jeff Bridges) who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future, he now must reconcile his past. Good in-depth story, good acting, lot's of back-flashing and character history, some pretty good fight scenes and some pretty cool dogs. I enjoyed it 4/5.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
I
Currently watching 1883 on the Paramount + streaming service. It's an epic tale of people moving west in search of opportunity. Strong cast, high production values, and not a single trope or cliché left out.

Still, while it isn't original to any great extent, it's a mild diversion. If you yearn for a time when men were men and their livestock were terrified of them, women knew their place, children were ciphers, verities were simple, and nobody had ever seen a bath, this is a show for you

Fans of Western Expansion stories might enjoy it.

As I watched the proceedings I was startled to realize that two of my pipes were made in 1883.

3.5 out of 5
I was an extra in Episode 1

Attachments

• 797508C0-CC06-4319-BD16-FC42CB871071.jpeg
    797508C0-CC06-4319-BD16-FC42CB871071.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 6

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Just watched The Devil and Miss Jones with Charles Coburn and Jean Arthur. Pricless, especially grumpy Charles Coburn's expressions. 5 out of 5.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just finished watching season 3 of The Umbrella Academy.
This season is one hell of a roller coaster ride, with plenty of twists and turns. Fans of the show will not be disappointed.

5/5
I was very pleasantly surprised by that one. I think the kid (#5) did a hell of a good job portraying an older man. That show was just excellent, not something I usually go for but really glad I gave it a shot. Saying all that, if you liked this, chances are you’d also enjoy Legion.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
double post.

Actually, I’ll take this opportunity to tell y’all what I’m currently watching. Another one I thought I wouldn’t like, The Boys - Season 3. 5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.