PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The Orville - first season started out a bit wack but having finally caught up with this season, a fun show that feels most like the original TV series of Star Trek. 4/5

Penny Dreadful - bizzare, unpredictable, frenetic. 4/5

Peaky Blinders - verdict is out. 4.5/5

Shadow and Bone - worth a watch, 4/5

Waiting for the new Tolkien series.

On episode 4 of Umbrella Academy. One of my daughters told me that if we liked Stranger Things that we would like this one, but so far it is hard to like any of the characters. Well, I kinda like the necromancer and the violinist, but it had better get better fast. And, why is there a talking monkey.
2/5 so far. Netflix
65CD6DCF-FDD8-4553-9552-FD11E07900C3.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Nope. I liked Jordan Peele’s other two movies: Get Out, and Us. This is not your typical “alien” Sci-Fi horror movie. I found it to be unique and fresh. If you’re into this type of genre, then it’s definitely worth it. ?? 4.5/5

EB820C40-A6FD-451B-A2E1-96C78026CDF3.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I was up early and realized today was the day for "The Duke" to be available across a number of streaming platforms (for rent). Since it was still dark and plenty of time to watch it before work, I did! Fun movie, big fan of "the look" of the film and the period style across the board was terrific. Pipe smoking is present but not really featured so to speak and basically disappears from the film after a couple of scenes, but I didn't watch it for that reason. It's a charming movie, well acted, fun story and very well written - will be watching again tonight!

5* out of 5!

3ED47608-0814-4C60-A6A2-58114E2F449B.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Recently I've watched a couple of episodes of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. So far, so good. I'm going to watch another this afternoon. 3/5
He really carved out a niche for himself as a portrayer of Sherlock Holmes. Lots of episodes and many are excellent and a few are so-so, and most above average, IMO. In the "classic" versions, Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett are my favorites.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
For All Mankind 3.5/5

A show that takes place in an alternate timeline where the Soviets win the space race. Its pretty good, takes place in the early 70's so far.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Peaky Blinders- 5/5
But must watch with subtitles because the characters accents are sometimes hard to understand

Reactions: keith929

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Will be enjoying the next episode of Grantchester this evening on PBS!

This season is 4/5 so far - seems to be letting us off easy after last season’s emotions, and filling in some gaps for some characters. Will seems headed for true love, lol, after his randy interludes, but nothing being tipped off yet.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.