What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Royal Yuck. I would rather have my ball sack stapled to the floor by a rivet gun whilst being ar*e f*cked without a reach around by a bisexual garden gnome wearing a barbed wire condom then ever smoke that stuff again. It has a flavor that resembles the imagined taste of sucking the farts out of a swan. A close second would be Clan which is just so unpleasant I doubt even Jim Inks would smoke the stuff!
So, you really, really like it? ?

Feb 3, 2021
Pittsburgh
Crosspost from another thread, Olkofri put it very well -

"Keep in mind: tongue bite is NOT the same as tongue burn.

Normally, we just let the term slide and take it to mean "a sore tongue", but when it comes to suggesting remedies we must differentiate. Tongue bite can occur no matter how slow and cool you smoke if your mouth chemistry and pH react strongly to a given tobacco/blend. It's not inherent to aromatics: it can happen with ANY blend if your body chemistry doesn't like it. Part of the learning process of pipe smoking is sussing out what agrees with you and what not, and then avoid of find a way to tame the latter.

Feb 3, 2021
Pittsburgh
Match Presbyterian tasted bad smell bad. Wouldnt even give to my enemy
Not impressed so far either, I have it split into smaller jars to age for a while to see if that mellows it out. I am also going to add some more Orientals to a jar or two to see if that brings it closer to the original, as well as press one into a plug to see if that fixes it. I bought the 16 ounce self blend kit, so I have some to play with if it is as awful as when it it first came.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Damn, guys, this is like open mike night at a shitty comedy club. These threads are just opportunities to be juvenile at the expense of other smokers sensibilities.
It's a fair point, and I wish I had put a blanket statement in my post that those were my very subjective opinions and more power to those who like those blends. Just because I don't like something definitely does not mean it's bad, low-quality, etc. Thus, 1792 Flake is not a tire fire in one's pipe, it was only a tire fire in my pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: Reggie and edger
It's a fair point, and I wish I had put a blanket statement in my post that those were my very subjective opinions and more power to those who like those blends. Just because I don't like something definitely does not mean it's bad, low-quality, etc. Thus, 1792 Flake is not a tire fire in one's pipe, it was only a tire fire in my pipe.
But, most people realize that an opinion can only be that person’s opinion. I mean, I can guess what someone else’s opinion might be, but one person is just that one person. 60 people os still just 60 people’s opinions.
Because, even if we all don’t like it.... that doesn’t mean that Brobs and Embers aren’t going to love it. Right?

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
Once had a tub of Black & Mild - it was the harshest tongue lashing I've yet received from any tobacco. Tried it in multiple pipes, varied cadences and different drying times. Nothing changed the harshness. Never again!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Royal Yuck. I would rather have my ball sack stapled to the floor by a rivet gun whilst being ar*e f*cked without a reach around by a bisexual garden gnome wearing a barbed wire condom then ever smoke that stuff again. It has a flavor that resembles the imagined taste of sucking the farts out of a swan. A close second would be Clan which is just so unpleasant I doubt even Jim Inks would smoke the stuff!
@condorlover1 I haven't tried Gold Block but I've smoked a few packets of Clan in my clay pipes. I know your thoughts on Clan but you reacted to my "Clan in a clay" post with "Wow"!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
1 bowl and done. Gave the bag away, tossed the pipe and even threw away the matches. So bad.
3822_2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Carol and Elric
Mar 1, 2014
My biggest disappointment from a Pipe Tobacco was buying a tin of Haddo's Delight and seeing the entire thing was bone dry upon opening, no topping left at all, and without a sealed container the base components didn't age well either.