PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
Been watching a medium fun AMC series on Netflix, Loaded. It's about four loser friends who hit the jackpot with their idiotic digital cat game. One of the characters, Watto, is seen frequently carrying a pipe (but never smoking it). Can't tell what it is. Looks fancy and interesting. Ideas?

I think I found it and...it's a stupid vape pipe. Makes sense for the character. Oh, well.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 23

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Where have I been? I didn't know about the vape pipe. How depressing is that? Why can't they just stick to their stingy little rectangular widget design and leave the tobacco pipe legacy out of it? At least the character just carries it around and doesn't smoke it, a small blessing. Vape gizmos look like the handle off a potato peeler, very chic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are so many online and TV content outlets these days, producing so many silos of celebrities no one else has ever heard of that it is impossible to tell the players without a directory the size of the old New York City phone book. Who are any of these people? There are celebrity testimonials in ads by people I will never be able to identify. One man's god or goddess on Earth is most other peoples' anonymous stranger. An interesting phenomenon.

Reactions: Kobold

jinxer

Lurker
Aug 4, 2022
Maybe the director's idea is that it's like the character smokes a real pipe. So the record stuff gave him a vape for this role to prevent his cough. I think he's just not a man since he can't smoke a pipe with smoke and just vapes. If I were him, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to smoke quality tobacco out of a cool pipe. Of course, a vape is also great, and it gives me as much satisfaction as a pipe. Going back to the discussion of the series, I also have a theory that Watto in the show purposely vapes rather than smokes because it's such a metaphor. Have you thought about that? By the way, the pipe from your picture doesn't look much like the one I saw in the series.

Last edited: