What Pipes Were New For Savinelli in 2010?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I came across an old advert for new Savinellis from 2016. The Spinosa really caught my eye and it happens to be the year my youngest was born. Now I'm in a quest for a "birth year" Spinosa 320 😄

It got me wondering what pipes were new or added to the line for Savinelli in 2010, the year my oldest was born.

Anyone know? Couldn't find anything on the Googs.

Screenshot_20230914_114223_Yahoo Mail.jpg

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Thanks! I saw that, but figured there had to be some others that were more everyday pipes. Not necessarily limited edition pipes.

For example, this year they came out with the oliva and granola line. They are new to this year but still mass produced enough to be inexpensive. Those beautiful naturals are neat though.
Ah gotcha. I’d send an email to SP or to Savinelli themselves since I’m guessing most of us don't know when lines first appeared except maybe @TheIronMonkey.

Reactions: fightnhampster
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Very often, Savinelli will include a current brochure in the pipe box. If you can take a look at a pipe from the 2010 Collection, it may list the new lines for that year. I don't think I have anything on hand from that period. I generally don't pick up the Collection pipes (I find the brass rectangles visually clunky and distracting). Any brochures or catalogues I might have on hand would be older. I will check what I have, but don't have high hopes of assisting you.

You might consider looking for a pipe from the La Pipa line, which had releases in 2010 (but, also other years).