PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2011
It's finally arrived. This is my new Mario Grandi giant.

Not sure how much tobacco it holds but I reckon it will be a great handwarmer in winter time !

I love it, it's a sitter too which helped seal the deal for me.
Here are a few pics.
pipe002.jpg

pipe012.jpg

pipe008.jpg

This is my humble collection of pipes so far.
pipe010.jpg

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
That's got be an hour+ smoke there. Very nice, going to have to look that one up.
Which I just did. Mario Grandi makes some very nice pipes for very reasonable prices, I'm impressed.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
I've always liked MG pipes for their artistic touches more than anything, because they don't stick to just briar & black - some of their beads, baubles and stems are just gorgeous.
Their prices are, in the main, fantastic (except I point blank refuse to pay $30+ for postage, that's just BS at it's worst!!!)
I've seen a few of theirs recently that they've had absolutely outrageous prices on, like $1.5k - maybe they're gearing up to go more upmarket .... that, or they've got some slightly inflated ideas about how they compare to the top makers around.

Jul 12, 2011
Nice! I have a Perry White Mag Dublin blast which is a 4oz/1" bacci

chamber monster...need a flame thrower to get her going, but man

once she is...you can see me toke'in from space ;-)

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Very nice pipe. I'd fill that thing up right away with a nice aro and sip for 1-2 hours, enjoy.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That's a beauty alright, but unless you can devote the evening to it, you may get to try some DGT from time to time. It would be interesting, I think, to explore smoking a full bowl in stages, to see how the tobacco changes over the course of a day. IDK, just a thought. But that is a great pipe!

martin

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2011
Lovely pipe. Are you naming it "Nica's Dream" since that appears to be the song sheet in the background?
That music is actually for 'Harlem 'Nocturne'

Been practising it on tenor sax.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Shame on me for not knowing Harlem Nocturne. I wasn;t near my piano or guitar so sight singing had me think it was Nica's Dream. Both are great songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.