PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I dont quite understand why this is goin for so much, can someone clear this up for me please.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Unsmoked-Vintage-Shillelagh-Falcon-Pipe-w-Lt-Blue-Dublin-Briar-/160728453543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c2991a7

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
the stem is interesting havent seen a falcon with that itricate of a stem. although it looks like its from the 70s and it said its brand new never been smoked maybe thats it.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Easy, provenance and rarity. Could be you'll never see another one like it.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I bought this one from Kathy, the pumpkin face was added for Halloween, it will wipe off. The pipes she sells seem to be from her Grandfather's old stock. He is stated to have been the US Falcon guy, she also has a book out about his relationship with Falcon. She was very easy to do business with. As Far as the pipe itself, WOW I'm glad I got mine cheap. That particular shape stem may not be rare, but not the common shape and it is new old stock. If you check her completed auctions she has a lot of that type stem, although none seem to have hit that price, ahh ebay and a bidders war. Mine came with price sticker and little paper in the bowl about cleaning it.

img_1838-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.