(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Not until you can get more than 20mins out of your pipe, I won't be. 40mins to an hour you should be getting out your clays before you get to wear the crown. Up until then, you're a mere 'pretender to the throne' a dandy, a cad & a bounder sir!?
image.jpegYou want to put some tape on the end of your pipe & start clenching mate. You won't be able to smoke slower otherwise I don't think.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Not until you can get more than 20mins out of your pipe, I won't be. 40mins to an hour you should be getting out your clays before you get to wear the crown. Up until then, you're a mere 'pretender to the throne' a dandy, a cad & a bounder sir!?
View attachment 162236You want to put some tape on the end of your pipe & start clenching mate. You won't be able to smoke slower otherwise I don't think.
@simong I managed 45 minutes out of a clay pipe of baccy once:)
About 15 mins is more normal for me; I don't want to get pipe notches...
Love the painting ?!!!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@simong I managed 45 minutes out of a clay pipe of baccy once:)
About 15 mins is more normal for me; I don't want to get pipe notches...
Love the painting ?!!!
You won't get 'notches' on your teeth if you tape up the stem.
Without clenching I couldn't enjoy a long & relaxing smoke. You'll struggle trying to smoke slowly, holding the pipe all the time in your hand, your arm will give in! Even Arnie Schwarzenegger clenches his clays & look at his arms!?

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You won't get 'notches' on your teeth if you tape up the stem.
Without clenching I couldn't enjoy a long & relaxing smoke. You'll struggle trying to smoke slowly, holding the pipe all the time in your hand, your arm will give in! Even Arnie Schwarzenegger clenches his clays & look at his arms!?
@simong I'll have to give it a go when I go to see Lace Wars...
What tobacco do you think would be good for smoking at re-enactments???
I met a Scottish Highlander at the Bonnie Prince Charlie event near Derby who was smoking Clan in his clay pipe; I thought the tartan packet went with his outfit!

Status
Not open for further replies.