Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You the man Dan!

I pity the blokes who find themselves contending with you in the next speed smoke championship.
@brian64 Who do you think will win?
Going to down another clay now; need to get some practice in!
Been litter picking again this morning ?; got 2 bags of rubbish from Holmebrook Valley Park. Seen James again today; he always shares his packet of pipe baccy with me and says keep up the good work!

Reactions: brian64

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Keep up the work Dan.. We're all counting on you!
@Richmond B. Funkenhouser @brian64 I will; just downed a clay bowl of Special Virginia in 1min 15s.
Still got a bit of pipeweed left; should I take it slowly or down it?
Need to keep practicing!
Got 2 bags of rubbish today; going to make some elderflower cordial tonight. Need to wash all that pipe smoke down:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Depends on how soon the big event is?
@brian64 September!
Not buying any more pipeweed ?️ until the Jamestown re-enactment in July and the Pirate Mutiny and Napoleonic events in August. If I was in the Sealed Knot I wouldn't speed smoke my clay pipe except after hours in the evening when I went for a few beers with the group:)
I might order from Smokingpipes.com before these upcoming clay pipe era re-enactments.
Need something to smoke in the clay pipes while I'm at the re-enactments in July, August and September!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@brian64 September!
Not buying any more pipeweed ?️ until the Jamestown re-enactment in July and the Pirate Mutiny and Napoleonic events in August. If I was in the Sealed Knot I wouldn't speed smoke my clay pipe except after hours in the evening when I went for a few beers with the group:)
I might order from Smokingpipes.com before these upcoming clay pipe era re-enactments.
Need something to smoke in the clay pipes while I'm at the re-enactments in July, August and September!
Sounds like you've got a full schedule between now and then (a place called the Sealed Knot is precisely where I'd expect to find you).

We're all expecting video of the big event in September! And after you win, while they're all still fumbling with their tampers, I recommend you down a full bottle of that mulled wine right there on stage to leave them all sufficiently speechless!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@brian64 @coming to_falling too @Richmond B. Funkenhouser
Notice the man with the clay pipe at 0:40; I can almost smell his pipe smoke!
Need something to smoke at the re-enactments - and do you think smoking a clay pipe fastest or slowest would impress the re-enactors the most???
At the other end of the time scale; I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last; I don't think I could manage an hour like Cavendish did though:)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@brian64 @coming to_falling too @Richmond B. Funkenhouser
Notice the man with the clay pipe at 0:40; I can almost smell his pipe smoke!
Need something to smoke at the re-enactments - and do you think smoking a clay pipe fastest or slowest would impress the re-enactors the most???
At the other end of the time scale; I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last; I don't think I could manage an hour like Cavendish did though:)
Ahh, I see...very cool...so I guess the Sealed Knot is not the name of a seedy pub in a bad neighborhood.

Is that you at 0:40?

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just give it your best shot Dan...that's all that matters.
@TheIronMonkey @brian64 @coming to_falling too Many thanks!
None of the smoking times have been posted but the event organiser says I need to smoke all my baccy in under 2 minutes and that Clan Original is used for the clay pipe smoking competition. I'm going to wear my redcoat uniform (my smoking jacket):)
Do you think smoking my clay pipe the fastest or longest would impress the re-enactors most?
Still got a bit of pipe baccy left!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You need to have a bottle of mulled wine on hand to chug after you smoke the pipe under two minutes. Or maybe drink it first and intimidate all the competition before you smoke.
@TheIronMonkey @coming to_falling too @brian64 Sold out of mulled wine but the Co-Op have a low alcohol 0.5% Sauvingnon Blanc at the moment.
Still got a bit of pipe baccy left; enough for a few practice runs:)
I think the Sealed Knot re-enactor in the video with the clay pipe was putting the smoke out cloud on for the camera:)
But yes I can see why you all though he was me - is that because he's got a clay pipe???

Status
Not open for further replies.