Worst Cigar that you've smoked this year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

H

HRPufnstuf

Retraction.

When Thomas Hinds opened in Winnipeg, a Cuban cigar maker came in to make cigars on site. Incredible to watch the finesse and speed with which he worked. He warned me, " Let this cure for three months."

I got impatient.

I smoked it on a walk about five weeks later. About half-way through, maybe less, I got hit with nicotine poisoning. Spins, a wave of cold sweats, and nausea. Pitched it in the river and ran home to be sick and lie in bed for four hours.

My worst cigar ever and entirely my own fault. I sometimes wonder how it would have been if I let it age six months.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and fallsguy

fallsguy

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
Retraction.

When Thomas Hinds opened in Winnipeg, a Cuban cigar maker came in to make cigars on site. Incredible to watch the finesse and speed with which he worked. He warned me, " Let this cure for three months."

I got impatient.

I smoked it on a walk about five weeks later. About half-way through, maybe less, I got hit with nicotine poisoning. Spins, a wave of cold sweats, and nausea. Pitched it in the river and ran home to be sick and lie in bed for four hours.

My worst cigar ever and entirely my own fault. I sometimes wonder how it would have been if I let it age six months.
Now that's a great story!

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I've been lucky in my relatively new journey in cigar smoking. Most of the cigars I've smoked have ranged from decent to excellent.

Still, I was disappointed in AB's Magic Toast. It's not a bad smoke at all, but it didn't live up to the hype. I felt the coffee and bready flavors were fairly muted, and it didn't have much in the way of complexity or variance.

Again, not a bad smoke at all, just disappointing. I'm waiting until I finally get that cigar that I truly hate, but so far it hasn't happened.