PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Some Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired in a Dr. Grabow Royalton to settle my nerves, because boy am I ever nervous tonight! Tomorrow morning I'm getting all 12 of my remaining teeth taken out so that (when my gums heal in 3 months or so) I can get dentures, and I've been having a whole heck of a lot of anxiety about it all day. I've got a good meal plan made up for the few months of recovery after the surgery so I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be for it, but I'm still shaking in my boots a bit.

View attachment 310125

Sorry to hear, be well! 🤙 ❤️

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Some Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired in a Dr. Grabow Royalton to settle my nerves, because boy am I ever nervous tonight! Tomorrow morning I'm getting all 12 of my remaining teeth taken out so that (when my gums heal in 3 months or so) I can get dentures, and I've been having a whole heck of a lot of anxiety about it all day. I've got a good meal plan made up for the few months of recovery after the surgery so I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be for it, but I'm still shaking in my boots a bit.

View attachment 310125
It’ll suck ‘til it doesn’t, may it pass quickly buddy!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Picked this unsigned meer up on fleabay for like $30, XL bowl and oddly lite, i have enough meers that i smoke every day that this one surprised me, it’s like it’s almost hollow walled or something, the other nice surprise as the screw tendon is tight and aligns perfectly, we most people know when you buy these shot in the dark meers they don’t always have the best fit. High hopes of how it will color.

First bowl is some OGS

View attachment 310078
That’s a nice find!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I felt like, after having a go and surviving War Horse Bar, I needed something truly amazing today. LOL 😝

So, time for my oldest tobacco and pipe!

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut in a 1901 Sam McLardy & Co. Meerschaum with a vulcanite stem.

To @ashdigger who gifted me this beautiful pipe! ❤️

I didn’t smoke this blend when it came out in the 70s, but I did smoke Erinmore Flake in the early 80s and this has that Pineapple essence to it, in taste and room note. The tin note however, is like a cross between Condor and Erinmore, which always makes me wonder, that with the popularity of Condor, if Murray was trying to put a Condor spin with their blends back then. Hmm 🤔

This is old Erinmore, and I wish you were all here to share this Classic Murray with.

Long Live the Name of Murray! ❤️

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

And for his fine compliment, this one is for @Sobrbiker ❤️

View attachment 310102

View attachment 310103

View attachment 310104
Gorgeous!!

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5439.jpeg
Finished off that bowl of Legend Hudson’s Bay I started earlier while walking my dog and I just did a charring light of some Plum Pudding Special Reserve in my Vauen Country 466 with dimple rustication and straight tapered acrylic stem and 9mm filter.

This is one of those delayed gratification methods I read about years ago and I’ll come back to finish this bowl after a late dinner to see if it makes any difference doing a light and letting it sit for 45 minutes or more. Maybe it just tastes better later because of the anticipation of continuing the bowl …

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
While I was off line, I smoked a bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

I followed that up with a bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Rust_left437.jpg

Dinner was a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. Then, I smoked a bowl of Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight smooth medium brown year 1912 Henry Tongue bulldog with a silver cap and band and an amber saddle stem with an orific bit.
Henry Tongue_cased.jpg

My follow up smoke was year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

Currently, I've a third of a bowl left of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Ryan_Alden_QueenHearts.jpg

My friends Rick and Lyndasue drove from New Hampshire to North Carolina to adopt two of the orange scampers. They named them “Bill” and “Archie.” It was a little bittersweet saying goodbye to them, but one thing I know for sure is that Rick and Lyndasue will give them all the love and attention they deserve. And Bill and Archie will reciprocate that love and attention. They drove a long way for love.
Rick&Lyndasue1.jpg
OTS1.jpg
OTS3.jpg

And here they are ready to go to their new home in New Hampshire.
2OTCage.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
View attachment 310174
Finished off that bowl of Legend Hudson’s Bay I started earlier while walking my dog and I just did a charring light of some Plum Pudding Special Reserve in my Vauen Country 466 with dimple rustication and straight tapered acrylic stem and 9mm filter.

This is one of those delayed gratification methods I read about years ago and I’ll come back to finish this bowl after a late dinner to see if it makes any difference doing a light and letting it sit for 45 minutes or more. Maybe it just tastes better later because of the anticipation of continuing the bowl …

Next time, with any blend you like, smoke only a 1/4 of the chamber, and let it sit overnight. It can really change the character in some blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.