PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I love the fine intricacies of the cranial innards. Interesting that you had the actual brain taking its departure from the head in one whole piece, as opposed to suffering the same disintegrative fate as the skull, blood vessels etc. You're always full of surprises, Jeff!

I wonder who Mike would call on to take care of that mess...

View attachment 249265
They creates the bodies, they don’t dispose of the bodies…
For that you would need the cavalry-Winston Wolf

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
So glad this thread was revived! I've loved seeing your incredible work and reading your interesting commentary on it, and on many other topics. You are not only talented but generous for sharing with us.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I’m not quite sure how this happened, but I’ve somehow amassed 5,000 posts in my brief tenure here at the forum (hopefully some of you got some good chuckles out of some of my posts). I thought I’d share some of the covers I did for The New Republic early in my career. The first three were done in magic marker and coloured pencil in 1986, the year after I graduated from art school. A fun thing about the Ferdinand Marcos cover was that it got used as an illustration in New York Magazine in an article about The New Republic shortly after the issue hit the stands.

20240513_171948.jpg

20240513_172017.jpg

20240513_172126.jpg

The following ones were done in acrylic paint because I had the notion that art directors would take paintings more seriously than coloured pencil drawings. I was quite tickled when someone on the local ABC News on Channel 7 in New York held up my Kurt Waldheim cover on camera.

20240513_172151.jpg

It’s subtle, but the cloud above Pat Buchanan’s head suggests a bicornes worn by Napoleon Bonaparte.

20240513_172108.jpg

I did a few more covers for them into the ’90s (not shown).

Fast forward to 2024. Here's the cover for the current issue of Weird Tales No. 368 and our first joint venture with Blackstone, a cosmic horror novel by Jonathan Maberry, NecroTek. Both covers were done digitally. I illustrated and designed both covers (and interiors).

Weird-Tales-368-Occult-Detective-RGB-300dpi-05 (1).jpg

NecroTek-Final-Cover-01a.jpg

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I’m not quite sure how this happened, but I’ve somehow amassed 5,000 posts in my brief tenure here at the forum (hopefully some of you got some good chuckles out of some of my posts). I thought I’d share some of the covers I did for The New Republic early in my career. The first three were done in magic marker and coloured pencil in 1986, the year after I graduated from art school. A fun thing about the Ferdinand Marcos cover was that it got used as an illustration in New York Magazine in an article about The New Republic shortly after the issue hit the stands.

View attachment 310049

View attachment 310050

View attachment 310051

The following ones were done in acrylic paint because I had the notion that art directors would take paintings more seriously than coloured pencil drawings. I was quite tickled when someone on the local ABC News on Channel 7 in New York held up my Kurt Waldheim cover on camera.

View attachment 310052

It’s subtle, but the cloud above Pat Buchanan’s head suggests a bicornes worn by Napoleon Bonaparte.

View attachment 310054

I did a few more covers for them into the ’90s (not shown).

Fast forward to 2024. Here's the cover for the current issue of Weird Tales No. 368 and our first joint venture with Blackstone, a cosmic horror novel by Jonathan Maberry, NecroTek. Both covers were done digitally. I illustrated and designed both covers (and interiors).

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066
You're not the only great artist on this site. I recently did a family portrait. puffy

uct,750x1000.jpg

Attachments

• uct,750x1000.jpg
    uct,750x1000.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1