PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
After reading Part Deux of the interview with Russ Ouellette, I'm wondering if anyone has tried the 10 to Midnite or Classic Burley Kake? Impressions?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have not tried either one, but I do have some Ten to Midnight in my cellar that I will probably be trying soon (within the next month) and I just ordered some Classic Burley Kake.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bruce,

Inspired by one of your posts, I created a parfait using P.A. on the bottom and Pease's Cumberland on top of it. It worked pretty well! I chose those two because P.A. seems to be a gregarious mixer, most of the time. If I get into an adventuresome mood I'll try some Va layering.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I'm glad it worked for you. I liked the idea of combining two tobaccos in one bowl, using mainly intuition to determine the pairing for flavor and aroma. Also, in a recent post in "Duplex Loads", I've described used an easier-lighting, but seemingly compatible tobacco as a small starter layer, which seems to get the "heavier", lower layer started without multiple toasting lights or unnecessarily vigorous puffing. In a large enough bowl, I get to the "sweet" zone without "cooking" any aromatics out of the tobacco, which for me is the middle two-thirds of any smoke, with little or no "gurgling". I always have a pipe cleaner handy, especially on long walks, to deal with that eventuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.