PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Something weird happened with the alignment of the planets or something.
My bride has wanted to go to a Michelin starred restaurant ever since binge watching a show on Netflix(?) during the covid lockdown, about the stories of Michelin chefs.
It turned out that we had planned an out of town trip to see Jimmy Fialla in Sacramento and it just so happened that there was a Michelin starred restaurant in our hotel, so of course it merited a splurge (quite a $plurge). Like, when is the next time we'll ever come his close to a Michelin restaurant? Not likely ever.

I do not do well with rich food and was apprehensive about going, but I've got to say it was tremendous. Beyond words.
It wasn't grotesquely rich as I've come to expect from fancy restaurants we've been to, but extraordinarily flavorful in just the right amount. I had a
Filet, and my bride opted for the Ahi.
Dessert was Beignets with lemon curd---we never order dessert, but the meal was so good we had to give it a try.
They were superb.
One of the best parts of the experience was the relaxing two hours we spent---no stress whatsoever---as we relished a bottle of wine with our meal. I didn't stress over the cost and along with the attention of the excellent staff, was just what we needed after driving three hours in a hell of the rainstorm to get there.
I don't know if all Michelin starred restaurants are as good, but I expect they are---this is what Michelin does after all.
Worth it.