PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
I'm Richie Cunningham and this is my wife Oprah.....No, seriously though, I joined this forum in 2016 and then went to Instagram big time. I have since taken a big break from that an decided to return to this forum last year. I have since realized that I never did a formal introduction. So let's do that now. I'm 50 something and am located in southeast Texas(Beaumont to be exact). I started messing around with pipes in college back in the 1980's, laid off for a while and came back to them about 3 years ago. I currently have about 2 dozen pipes which I smoke quite infrequently. But I do enjoy them whenever I can.

This evening in honor of St Patrick's day I'm smoking my lone Peterson( an estate Shamrock shape #53) loaded with Peterson Balkan Delight(not one of my davorite blends but not a bad smoke). And with that I'm enjoying a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout. But now the pipe is finished, the bottle is empty and the mosquitoes are buzzing around me so it's time to call it a night. So, Happy St Patrick's Day to y'all and I look forward to many future posts and to reading yours as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard fetidbog. There was a man in my Navy boot company from Beaumont back during the Trojan War, 1968 to be exact. Big solid guy, a veteran of the Beaumont football team without a doubt, who said almost nothing. Can't remember his name; that was lifetimes ago.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Aren't the skeeters ALWAYS buzzing in Beaumont?
Welcome from Austin!
jay-roger.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome back.
I am a 1971 graduate of South Park High School.

All my sisters and their families still live in the Beaumont area.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I tend to read/lurk more than I post so my apologies if I don't respond immediately.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
And Jaytex969, yes the mosquitoes are always buzzing here but we usually don't worry about them until we have to use a baseball bat to swat them.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
Pappymac, the old South Park I.S.D. My wife's grandmother was a math teacher there for decades. There is still a lot of South Park "Greenie Pride" here in Beaumont.

Status
Not open for further replies.