PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
We raise Irish Dexter cattle on our small farm. They have the best meat ive ever had and with 5% milk fat, they are great for cheese, ice cream, bitter, cream and drinking. Really the perfect breed in my opinion. Also, they are very docile and and hearty. They are foragers and grazers for the most part but we grow some food too. All our animals are 100% sustained by our farm.
And, they are much smaller than average beef cattle, making it easier to deal with harvesting on the farm. Bulls average about 900 pounds, cows about 700 pounds. Our chickens are of all varieties, including some rare birds. I get a lot of them from people who no longer want them.... they are kinda designer chickens. :)
View attachment 309226
Super!

Where do you live?

Reactions: Sig

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Chautauqua Co NY, on the Pennsylvania border.
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.