PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
So I enjoy a cherry or berry aromatic every once in awhile . Cult BRM is my go to fav and one I seem to come back to.

I tried Sutliff Raspberry cream tonight… not bad… but wouldn’t say better than the Cult. I tried McClintock black cherry as well as CAO cherry bomb and didn’t like either.

Any other’s worth exploring or stick to Cult?

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I do love my aromatics, but I mostly stick within the vanilla/honey/brown sugar realm. But once in a great while, like you, I do reach for the cherry. I've tried a handful over the past few years, and most of them have come up short in one way or another. BRM is the clear winner thus far, with Lane TK-6 (its bulk doppelganger, apparently) a close second. All the rest are either tasting of artificial chemicals, or so heavy on the PG that I would need a flamethrower and six months of dry time in the Atacama desert to make it doable.

If you're going to explore cherry aromatics, or any new genre for that matter, it's best to start with the smallest sample size you can get, usually 1 oz. It's too disappointing to roll the dice with larger amounts, I find.

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
I do love my aromatics, but I mostly stick within the vanilla/honey/brown sugar realm. But once in a great while, like you, I do reach for the cherry. I've tried a handful over the past few years, and most of them have come up short in one way or another. BRM is the clear winner thus far, with Lane TK-6 (its bulk doppelganger, apparently) a close second. All the rest are either tasting of artificial chemicals, or so heavy on the PG that I would need a flamethrower and six months of dry time in the Atacama desert to make it doable.

If you're going to explore cherry aromatics, or any new genre for that matter, it's best to start with the smallest sample size you can get, usually 1 oz. It's too disappointing to roll the dice with larger amounts, I find.
Valuable advice thank you !

Reactions: Servant King

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
So I enjoy a cherry or berry aromatic every once in awhile . Cult BRM is my go to fav and one I seem to come back to.

I tried Sutliff Raspberry cream tonight… not bad… but wouldn’t say better than the Cult. I tried McClintock black cherry as well as CAO cherry bomb and didn’t like either.

Any other’s worth exploring or stick to Cult?
I can't get enough of Ken Byron Sakura lately. Like buttered toast with a hint of silky fruit.

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
My go to cherry blend is Boswell’s Sweet and Mild. It is, well, sweet and mild 😉 Country Squire’s Parson’s Blend is also a good berry-fruity-type blend.

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
So far votes for:

- Sutliff Black Cordial
- 2 for devils holiday
- Ken Byron Sakura
- kbv fallen cherry
- Boswells sweet and mild
- country squire Parson’s blend

Looks like I’ll be exploring a bit 💯 🍒

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
So far votes for:

- Sutliff Black Cordial
- 2 for devils holiday
- Ken Byron Sakura
- kbv fallen cherry

Looks like I’ll be exploring a bit 💯 🍒
Don’t forget the Hobbit’s Weed. It really is rather nice 😊.

Reactions: telemitry

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
Got it!
- Sutliff Black Cordial
- 2 for devils holiday
- Ken Byron Sakura
- kbv fallen cherry
- Hobbit’s Weed

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
So I’m literally gonna order every one of these tonight and try for myself , but was curious to just get the TR ratings prior just to see. Obviously the ratings kinda get skewed because of such varying amounts of reviewers, but I will say you all seemed to pick some damn strong picks 💯. I’ll report back as I go through these .

- Sutliff Black Cordial
25 Reviews
3.52 rating

- devils holiday
96 Reviews
2.78 rating

- Ken Byron Sakura
4 Reviews
3.75 rating

- kbv fallen cherry
1 Review
3.00 rating

16 Reviews
2.94 rating

17 Reviews
3.65 rating

- Hobbit’s Weed
61 Reviews
3.43 rating

- Samuel Gawith Firedance
140 Reviews
2.69 rating

- Cult Blood Red Moon
119 Reviews
3.18 rating

• Love
Reactions: shanez

telemitry

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
Ok quick update I have everything above ordered to try aside from the KBV Sakura and Fallen Cherry… both are sold out :/. I ordered the KBV Dark Fired Cherry to at least try an offering from this blender .

Reactions: mtwaller and seanv

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Country Squire - Blue Ribbon (blackberry), I really like this blend!
Cult - Blood Red Moon (chocolate cherry)
Ole Shenandoah - Drunken Cherry (sweet cherry)

I have several other cherry blends in my collection that I have yet to try.

Reactions: BriarsAndBottles

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Devil’s Holiday is my favorite (berry and aro) up to this point in time. Not a goopy cavendish aro, tastes like tobacco and berry equally-great stuff.

For typical Aro’s I don’t think you can go wrong with Lane Ltd’s Black Raspberry.
YMMV

Reactions: username