Building Large Pipe Racks For Large Pipes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
3 Fresh Jared Coles Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh GH.ZHANG Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
First let me say that I have nowhere near the wood working skills that Rustie does and I stand in awe of him. But, I was running out of room on my various pipe racks and not only that, but I didn't have the shelf top room to place another horizontal rack..... so, I chose a simpler and vertical method. I simply took a board, drilled slightly slanted holes and glued pegs cut from a dowl rod into the holes. Then I stained the whole thing a dark walnut. It allows me to place several pipes in an easy to see/easy to select method and I attached it to the side of my cigar humidor so that it doesn't take up very much space.....

Pipe rack b.jpgPipe rack a.jpg

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
My pipe collection has gotten to a point where I needed to do something different with my pipe rack situation. My cabinet has far more pipes in it than it has rack space and many of my pipes are just too big for the the racks I currently have. I also wanted to be able to put cased pipes in racks. So I decided to make racks. The racks are made out of walnut to match the walnut cabinet. The finish is a simple oil finish. The spacing is 2” as opposed to the 1.5” spacing of my current racks. View attachment 303844View attachment 303845View attachment 303846View attachment 303847View attachment 303848View attachment 303849View attachment 303850View attachment 303851View attachment 303852View attachment 303853View attachment 303854View attachment 303855View attachment 303856View attachment 303857View attachment 303858
Looks great. Glad to see I’m not the only one that uses 1,2,3 blocks for woodworking also.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
First let me say that I have nowhere near the wood working skills that Rustie does and I stand in awe of him. But, I was running out of room on my various pipe racks and not only that, but I didn't have the shelf top room to place another horizontal rack..... so, I chose a simpler and vertical method. I simply took a board, drilled slightly slanted holes and glued pegs cut from a dowl rod into the holes. Then I stained the whole thing a dark walnut. It allows me to place several pipes in an easy to see/easy to select method and I attached it to the side of my cigar humidor so that it doesn't take up very much space.....

View attachment 308414View attachment 308413
That’s an idea I may have to copy!