PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
IMG_7223.jpegWe recently bought a new bed and bed frame, and while dismantling the old frame, found a hidden gift. Imagine! The craftsman who made our old frame was a pipe smoker, and hid these beautiful custom tampers in the structure! I can hardly believe my eyes! Each is turned from pure steel, with a glistening gold-like cadmium plating. A knurled shaft provides for a firm grip while embelishing this gem with an aestheticly joyful, yet whimsical twist.

I only have six of these available, $25 each, shipping included within the US.

Last edited:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I was interested but upon further inspection, the hexagonal recess appears to be 5/32 of an inch.
A man of refinement can never be associated with anything less than *8mm.

*For anyone brutish enough to be unfamiliar with the metric system:
8mm is roughly equivalent to 5/16 of an inch
I understand you assuming that you need a larger hole. I find that tamping a bit harder is sufficient.

I would buy one. But showing off ones wealth like that is a good way to get mugged or robbed. Even the Hoi Polloi could tell that's something special. So in other words it's a hard pass.
Ah!
Then you’ll be wanting the Stealth Wealth model!

IMG_7234.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I understand you assuming that you need a larger hole. I find that tamping a bit harder is sufficient.

Ah!
Then you’ll be wanting the Stealth Wealth model!

View attachment 309489
Oh that's even worse. They'll know why I am using that and will instead of robbing me seduce me and make me fall in love and sign a very one side prenup and then make my life hell.

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
View attachment 309469We recently bought a new bed and bed frame, and while dismantling the old frame, found a hidden gift. Imagine! The craftsman who made our old frame was a pipe smoker, and hid these beautiful custom tampers in the structure! I can hardly believe my eyes! Each is turned from pure steel, with a glistening gold-like cadmium plating. A knurled shaft provides for a firm grip while embelishing this gem with an aestheticly joyful, yet whimsical twist.

I only have six of these available, $25 each, shipping included within the US.
You had me up until knurled shaft...think I'll pass.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What luck; what timing!

I, too, recently uncovered an incredible tamper which I'll let go for only $35. What's that you say? There're more on offer for less! BUT, this one has a gentlemanly—dare I say, more manly!— finish, not garish, almost raw metal. And it has a custom bend as shown below; it helps keep the fingers out of vision.

IMG_7029.JPG